Question Issue with the Wii PMS (edit.)

Hello,
I'm building a portable wii and I have some issue with the wii PMS.

When I first tried it, it was working, although I was concerned about having the battery managment IC at 60°C and the regulators at 50°C when powered off(with 0V on the output voltages).
I had a 18650 battery connected.

Right now I made quite a big mistake, I connected the batterie in serie, with 16v+ on the b+ I guess I at least fried the battery managment IC, is it possible to test it without the battery to know if I fried anything else?

After looking at the DataSheet, I guess that connecting 3.5-4.5V to the SYS output of the charger IC (after removing it) should allow me to use the board without the battery system, am I right?

Thanks in advance,
Emetsys

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
There should be no heat when the system is off and not charging. Something is damaged for sure.

I changed the charging IC, it is turning on and off, and the protection seems to be working, as it will turn off automatically if the battery is at something like 3.58V.

However, if I do a quick clic on the button the color of the led won't change and charging won't work either. When I put 12v in the charge input, I got 6V on the input of the regulators, but that's all, it won't turn on, it also will turn off if I plug the charger while it is on.
If I plug the charger, it also won't turn on unless I disconect/reconnect the battery, I guess it's maybe putting it in travelling mod.

I could connect the pickit and program it, so I guess it is working fine.

Last edited: