Question Is This Sketch Actually Possible For Me To Make Happen?

So I’m extremely new to this, I’ve read the Wii guide forum on here and I just wanted to know if this was actually possible to make, the image attached below is a sketch I drew up for an unofficial Wii code-named the RVL-301. It’s based off the RVL-001 and can play Wii Homebrew and GC games such as Mario Sunshine and Sonic Riders. It has the buttons from Nintendo handhelds but the control scheme is for the GC.

Process is pretty simple for preparing the Wii for preparing the Wii for its ability to play HB and GC.
1. Get the Homebrew Channel.
2. Get Priiloader and set it to “Region Free” and make it boot the Homebrew Channel every time it boots.
3. Get the Open Shop Channel to browse the Homebrew and download some games. (I should be able to add more on by using another Wii or by using a PC)
4.Get cIOS installed.
5.Get USB Loader GX to load the GC games from ISO
6. Get rid of the Open Shop Channel and install PortablizeMii to get rid of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth requirements.
7. Preform the OMGWTF Trim.
8. Give it a battery for On-the-Go gaming.
9.Give it a backlit screen to see what’s going on and for those late-night gaming sessions while on a car ride, train ride, on a plane, or for just laying in bed!

The way I want to charge it is by using the USB-C PD Charging + Internal USB Drive. A: For charging the battery. And B: For loading those GC games.

Here is the sketch... It’s messy and my handwriting is bad, sorry.

19342325-1DE3-436F-8CAB-56466BA167B6.png

Last edited:

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The overall design looks pretty simple, not sure what size you're going for but you can definitely build a portable like that. Rather than use the mashup of softwares you've listed though, I'd reccomend sticking to BBloader or PortablizeMii. USBLoader GX doesn't work without the disc drive, and adding more software beyond BBL or PM is unnecessary.

USBLoader GX doesn't work without the disc drive, and adding more software beyond BBL or PM is unnecessary.
I can just disassemble RVL-301 and take the USB Drive out and put some GC games on it,right? I’ll only be putting GC games on the USB drive and the HB and the HBC will be going on the SD card.

Your design looks good, but it would benefit from some dimensions. I recommend modeling something in a software like Inventor or something else that allows you to visualize things in 3d. Then you would be able to lay parts out in tour case so you can see how everything fits, and if it doesn't fit you can see how you can change your design to accommodate for anything before you start making anything.

i don’t know what size I would need for it, I’ve never done this before. Can you tell me what size in cm is the Wii motherboard with the OMGWTF trim?

Probably, not sure why'd you want to though instead of using a real computer
The only software that allows for 3D modelling is my PC that has blender on it, will that work?

Why not just install fusion 360, it is free for hobbyists.
Idk, just don’t want to be installing software this late at night. I am currently trying to import the files into Fusion on web browser

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Idk, just don’t want to be installing software this late at night. I am currently trying to import the files into Fusion on web browser
Seems like you're wasting more time messing with this instead of just installing the program. If you plan on 3d designing the case you'll want to probably do so anyway.

Seems like you're wasting more time messing with this instead of just installing the program. If you plan on 3d designing the case you'll want to probably do so anyway.
I can open the files is the 3D windows programs but I can’t put multiple in the same document so now I’m trying blender