Solved How to create good custom NDS lite pad in Eagle ?

Benge

Portables
4 : O-Wii (V1,V2,V2.1)/ BS2
Hello, I have already tested to create NDS lite contact pad in Eagle for my O-Wii.
But they were fucked up, and I had a hard time making them :
20200923_221721[1].jpg

I searched a lot but I did not find anything conclusive.

I have already tried but I am not able to make precise round shapes, And I don't know the real distance between the pads.
If anyone has a good tutorial or library files or other information it would be cool :)

Senor Avocado

2022 2nd Place Winner
Couldn't you copy what the ds lite motherboard has already done? I cut up the motherboard to use as contacts and that worked great for me, but it seems like you want to have a more integrated portable so it might not work for your O-Wii. i believe the pads diagonal to each other (like the top right and bottom left of the x button contacts for example) are one side of the button and then the other diagonal pair would be the other side (ground for example) lol I hope that makes sense, it seems like they did it that way so that the button didn't have to pressed a certain way to make good contact

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you get a basic set of digital calipers, you can take very precise measurements. They're a must for things like this

Benge

Portables
Thanks for your response, let's try this
I have dismount my old first nintendo ds and measure with my new digital calipper, it is very precise

20200924_165830.jpg

I just finished doing the library on eagle, if someone wants it I could share it with you (once I have tested that it's ok).
Now I make a custom GC + 2.0 pcb with connector for switch and pad.

Benge

Portables
I finished the ABXY PCB, it has GC +2.0 on it With DRV2603, start button, Joystick FFC connector and 10 pin FFC connector for the future LRUD PCB.
I need to build the LRUD PCB, then order and test everything and I think that with these new pcbs my O-Wii will be much cleaner
Screen-O-Wii-NDSLITEPCB-GC.png
Screen-O-Wii-NDSLITEPCB.png