Worklog GameCube Indigo - what color is it, exactly?

mokus

This is a question, but also a worklog because I intend to find out if nobody already knows.

I'm trying to figure out the exact color of the Indigo GameCube. For a start, I've been exercising my google-fu to see if anyone has already posted information, especially if anyone has matched it to a Pantone or RAL standard color. Nintendo has a history of using Pantone's system at least (I was able to find some official notes about the Pantone color of their light grey logo for example).

So far, the best information I've found is this site, where the author matched a handful of other Nintendo products against his Pantone and RAL books. I *think* the GameCube may be the same color as the SNES controller A/B buttons. Does anyone happen to have both to compare?

In the meantime, I've also been bouncing these ideas off @jefflongo and he's of the opinion that the color looks very close, though he thinks the GC indigo may be bit less bold - perhaps Pantone 7673C. I've put in an order with Pantone for some color chips, and when they get here I'll compare them and see if any of them are right.

E086DD75-8702-4752-AF85-6702CB42D2C8.jpeg

Once that's established, I'd like to try to find or custom-order some 3D printer filament in that exact color. It's always been my favorite Nintendo color, and it'd be perfect for a Wii portable. I know there are options for custom-colored filament, including even some places that will do Pantone-certified filament, though I'm sure that's a very expensive option. Hopefully there are also cheaper options that will code to a particular CMYK color without the expensive certification process.

The SNES A and B buttons are a little more purple than the gamecube, although I am comparing my gamecube to the SNES Classic Edition Controller

MP3

Portables
Yeah it's clearly a different color, but just FYI, the shell of the GameCube may be sun damaged so better to compare against the inside of the shell
Good point. I bought my Gamecube used a while back and it's pretty beat up. I took a picture of the inside of the shell with the SNES button removed from the controller. Hope this helps.
SNES vs Gamecube.jpg

Can anybody recommend what to use the get the closed look like the original? I'm totally unsure, if it's mat or semi-gloss.

Any results? i would love to know the proper indigo, black and silver for gamecubes. lots of good deals with banged up ones.