Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

While I wait for my kit to arrive, I wanted to get the Wii trimming completed. The software preparation section of the trimming guide says that a new version of PortablizeMii is coming and the guide will be updated then. I can't find any information about this new version, or even if it's already been released and the guide hasn't been updated yet. Should be waiting for the new PortablizeMii to release before trimming or is it okay to proceed with the current software?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
While I wait for my kit to arrive, I wanted to get the Wii trimming completed. The software preparation section of the trimming guide says that a new version of PortablizeMii is coming and the guide will be updated then. I can't find any information about this new version, or even if it's already been released and the guide hasn't been updated yet. Should be waiting for the new PortablizeMii to release before trimming or is it okay to proceed with the current software?
We are going to release it later today, so I guess you should wait :)

I REALLY want to make a G-Boy. Is it a good first soldering project?
Not to Discourage you, but I would get some practice on some old electronics you have laying around to get a feel for everything before you attempt working on this kit. You can easily damage components or the pcb's themselves easily if your inexperienced. That said, if you put the time in and get some practice anything is possible! Good luck :)

I ordered my kit on May 5, and I'm moving out of the state at the end of July. Is there anyone I can talk to about potentially changing my shipping address if it's going to arrive in August?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I ordered my kit on May 5, and I'm moving out of the state at the end of July. Is there anyone I can talk to about potentially changing my shipping address if it's going to arrive in August?
Send a DM to either @Noah or @Gman and they should be able to get you sorted out.