Cocktail Arcade Cabinet

I'm officially calling my custom arcade cabinet complete. The polycarbonate top was the last piece I had to finish.
Final.jpg

I started this thing a little over 10 years ago. I hit a snag on the hardware side and pushed it to the corner where it just sat while I took care of every other priority in my life.

IMAG0258 - Copy.jpg

It uses a raspberry pi 3b+, IPAC2, LCD monitor, and a lot of really bad wiring. I found myself shaking my head at how I did the early work on this project.

I posted a half assed work log here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/opposite-of-portable.3515/

Possible upgrades:
  • panel mount USB on it somewhere so I do not have to open it up as often
  • raspberry pi power switch to avoid potential corruption issues from novices
  • screen with better viewing angles
  • brace the lid better to reduce strain when it is open. It is fine when closed
But for now I'm just going to enjoy it

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
Nice! I love the old ways of plywood and screws in console modding! Brings me back! Reminds me a of a project I never finished about 10 years ago too. The 4G Minicade

Your's looks like it would be a bit more versatile!

I see gamecube ports but where does the disk go? Is it that vertical circle on the lower right?

And are all of those slot relocations?!?! That's fantastic. I fear you maybe a masochist friend but I guess anybody who takes up modding probably has those tendencies.

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
I see gamecube ports but where does the disk go? Is it that vertical circle on the lower right?

And are all of those slot relocations?!?! That's fantastic. I fear you maybe a masochist friend but I guess anybody who takes up modding probably has those tendencies.
Yes, it was in the lower right and yes, the were relocations. Yeah...maybe but I do feel you can't get the true gratification until after you've fought through the true gritty.