Classic+ Initial Release

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Nice job JacksonS although I have a bit of a noob* question, where does this get soldered to on the Wii motherboard? Or like does it get soldered to the Bluetooth module? Just wondering as this is the only thing that I can't figure out, as it isn't really documented on the trimming guide and whatnot :P
So this connects to a Wiimote? How are the motion controls done for the Nunchuk stuff?
Yes, it's wired to a Wii Remote expansion port. The on-board accelerometer mimics the exact same output as a Nunchuk.

Portables
(have two in production behind the scenes)
Alrighty then, well I have almost a complete understanding of a good portion of the Wii now, should be ready to dive in soon. I have been getting all the software ready today too and I'm really hoping to buy them legitimately at some point haha. See you guys in a couple of weeks after me and my Wiimote dive in B|

Yes, it's wired to a Wii Remote expansion port. The on-board accelerometer mimics the exact same output as a Nunchuk.
Wait wait wait... it actually HAS AN ACCELEROMETER? Like, not just emulated? Great job man, mind = blown.

Please help with advice. I received PCBs on the oshpark.com. Soldered the microcontroller pic16f18876, resistors and capacitors.
I want to use this as a classic controller - what do I need to do to achieve this? I thought that it would be enough to connect the contacts to the outputs of the wiimote, run wii homebrew application and use "Update Classic+". But there they tell me that the CC+ is not found.
What am I doing wrong ? Maybe before updating I need to flash it somehow?
I used the following contact mapping:
GND - GND
3.3V - VCC
SCL - SCL
SDA - SDA
DT - Device Detect (not sure about the correct choice )

Is it correct that after installing all the parts on the board - EN and 3.3V became closed ?
CC+.jpg

JacksonS

Portables
Please help with advice. I received PCBs on the oshpark.com. Soldered the microcontroller pic16f18876, resistors and capacitors.
I want to use this as a classic controller - what do I need to do to achieve this? I thought that it would be enough to connect the contacts to the outputs of the wiimote, run wii homebrew application and use "Update Classic+". But there they tell me that the CC+ is not found.
What am I doing wrong ? Maybe before updating I need to flash it somehow?
I used the following contact mapping:
GND - GND
3.3V - VCC
SCL - SCL
SDA - SDA
DT - Device Detect (not sure about the correct choice )

Is it correct that after installing all the parts on the board - EN and 3.3V became closed ?
View attachment 23242
Hey, your pinout mapping is correct. And yes, EN should be connected to 3.3V.

It looks like you may not have programmed the microcontroller initially. Before you can use the homebrew app, you’ll need to program the board using a PICkit 3. It connects to the board via the 6-pin header to the left of the EN and DT pins. The arrow on the PICkit should point to square-shaped pin hole on the board. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick help! I guessed that it was necessary to program through these contacts, but it was better to clarify.
Now it remains to purchase a programmer.