BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

LordZOOKOR here. I'm hoping to learn a bit about modding in order to complete an N64 controller project that I've had in mind for a while.

Hi! I met this forum like a year ago, but didn't join and forgot about its existence bc... i'm dumb? anyways, i hope to be able to someday build a cool portable like those around here!

Hi, I'm Coolpic, and I recently got tossed into the concept of portablizing consoles when a video for the Gboy popped up in my recommendations. Now I'm wondering, where would be the best place to start trying to portablize consoles?

-Coolpic

orion

heyo im new to this kinda stuff and am glad to have found a community for this :)

EchoRL

Portables
i mean, i made a game boy macro once
Hey people. I am Echo and I'm interested in portablizing, but I've never had enough money to buy a used wii or gamecube and portablize it. I am hoping I can save up for a used Wii and use my old gamecube controller and my old xbox duke controller to make a portable with that in a few years.

Beans

Just another post to say "hello". Excited to be a part of a really cool hobby community.

w4e

hi, came here because I was interested in Wii miniturizing

Hi! Name is Devin, go by dev0range most places. Shank's G-Boy promo vid sold me on buying a G-Boy; had been wanting to do a sort of "level up" mod or electronics project and the G-Boy checked every box in terms of what I wanted to try and my interests. Hope to finish this G-Boy and look for another project. Awesome community here, glad to join!

Hello, I can see I missed out on the opportunity for an awesome name. I am completely new to all of this and excited to see what the future holds for the portables. I've been super impressed so far.

Hi everyone...

I've been around from a while back... on other sites since lost to time. I finally had a reason to replace my dead soldering iron so I found the motivation to finally figure out what I shorted during final assembly on my old n64 project. It at on a shelf in my garage while I got over the frustration, I believe 6 years?

Glad to see the same names who've helped me before. I'll be tearing it down and rewiring as practice for a G-boy that will be here as soon as the next batch is ready. I'll probably be using some of the pcb's for sale here! Amazing what a few years did for the marketplace. If things go well, after that I might resurrect my gcp so all that soldering to ffc cables doesn't go to waste.

I was about to purchase a laser cutter before the economy fell apart for a bit... I still intend to eventually, so let me know if you have any ideas that use one I.e. pre-cut polycase designs for those who don't want 3d printed. Having a lineup of projects would surely help make me spend the capital lol.

--Brent