Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio

More information about tests with the bbloader, which I just performed:

I have Virtual Console channels that I installed on the Nintendo Wii Nand and then I switched to the SDcard, so as not to sell out to Nand. When I entered them to load they didn't activate, of all I tested the only one that activated was the Arcade Shinobi and when I leave them at home, instead of going back to the wii system menu, they go back to the Home Brew Channel.

Another thing for the Nintendo wii configuration, he did not copy the channel from the sd card pro system menu Nand of the Nintendo Wii, but from the system menu pro sd he copies.

When I try to leave the Home Brew Channel for the system menu of the Nintendo Wii he returns to the Home Brew Channel for me to go to the system menu from within the Home Brew Channel, I need to load the Usb loader or Wiiflow and leave them for the Nintendo Wii system menu.
Running VC titles from the SD card through the system menu has nothing to do with BBLoader.

@Aurelio, I'm finishing my Wii laptop, and I'm very anxious to use BBLoader, but I have a doubt ...
My card is already trimmed and like the Portabilize Mii installed, with vga and gc2wiiremote patches.
how should i make the switch to BBLoader ??
can I install over the portabilizemii?
thank you!
Yes, you can install it over PortablizeMii simply by running it and following the installation steps. Make sure to set "Yes" to both options in the installer.

Running VC titles from the SD card through the system menu has nothing to do with BBLoader.

Yes, you can install it over PortablizeMii simply by running it and following the installation steps. Make sure to set "Yes" to both options in the installer.
[/CITAR]

OK! thank you very much!

From what I could see here, it wasn't the bbloader but some change in IOS when I installed it, because the Altered Beast, Golden Ax and Shinobi arcade VC installed on the sd card normally load N64, NeoGeo and Wiiware games that I tested give error authentication.

@Aurelio An interesting thing in the Wii games by the bbloader, if I leave the game on pause for more than 5 or 10 minutes ... when you are going to use the gc control again the buttons stop working even with the gamepad on, leaving the GO like Never or 1000 minutes.:(

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio An interesting thing in the Wii games by the bbloader, if I leave the game on pause for more than 5 or 10 minutes ... when you are going to use the gc control again the buttons stop working even with the gamepad on, leaving the GO like Never or 1000 minutes.:(
Yes, it's a known issue. I am already working on a solution

Yes, it's a known issue. I am already working on a solution
When BBLoader supports emulators and VCs, I will never open the wii system menu again.

Wouldn't it be possible for the emulator part to be like what you have in wiiflow through plugins?

A hug my dear and thank you for this great project, I have Wii since 2013 and only now with BBloader I have been playing Wii games intensively.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
When BBLoader supports emulators and VCs, I will never open the wii system menu again.

Wouldn't it be possible for the emulator part to be like what you have in wiiflow through plugins?

A hug my dear and thank you for this great project, I have Wii since 2013 and only now with BBloader I have been playing Wii games intensively.
Yes, emulators will work in a similar way

this looks amazing! i have one question and sorry if it sounds dumb but when future versions release will it be possible to just install it over this version?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
this looks amazing! i have one question and sorry if it sounds dumb but when future versions release will it be possible to just install it over this version?
Yes, updates will be as easy as replacing the files

Quick test that I did today with the bbloader, with the wii lying down and the USB stick on the top and it worked perfectly for Wii games, so it's a great option for those who have nintendo wii with low USB problems.

i've just installed it on my wii. it actually has dead wifi/bt module and optical drive, so i wanted to give it a try! it really works like a charm! i would really appreciate some custom themes!

Beans

Unfortunately, while doing the soldering, the VSync pin came off my AVE :( Am I fucked in terms of this particular motherboard? I've already enabled the VGA patch in BBLoader and I don't think it's possible to undo that :/

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
You can still use composite or component video, but VGA is no longer possible. If you want to use component, then you'll need to rerun the installer and choose not to enable wifi.

i was trying gc2wiimote in bbloader for new super mario wii, but i figured out that if i enable it in per-game settings it wont save my settings :( am i doing something wrong?

Ollie

so we can finally build portables with out relocating that awful Bluetooth module! y e s!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
i was trying gc2wiimote in bbloader for new super mario wii, but i figured out that if i enable it in per-game settings it wont save my settings :( am i doing something wrong?
Are you saving the configuration by pressing start?

what does it mean when the loader says Exception (DSI) occurred!?
That might be caused by different things. Post an error report here following the specified format and add a clear picture of the DSI error, it will help me understanding where's the issue: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/bbloader-issue-log-post-issues-here.3578/

Are you saving the configuration by pressing start?
yes, the problem is that if i even set ''Enable GC2Wiimote'' to yes, then i press b and b again to re open per game settings the GC2Wiimote options get set back to No and the buttons configuration has ''none'' for all buttons :(

Status
Not open for further replies.