BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked Priiloader and yes it is the correct rBBL v0.8.2

If I use a component cable for the install, when installing is complete the Wii resets and there is no image on screen like expected.
But if I power cycle the Wii component video works again.
Ill post the errors when loading Wii games shortly.

The games have been confirmed to work with nintendont and usbloader GX on this USB drive.

I have an official Wii USB stick RVL-035 which works with everything except usbloader GX so im not using that one.

Last edited:
OK getting somewhere.

While BBloader is installing if I switch the composite video cable for my VGA cable, when the install is done I have crispy VGA!

But as soon as I power cycle the Wii or reset it VGA does not work anymore :(

I suspected this would happen when component video was disabled then came back on the previous install attempt

The errors are Disc_Init returned 0

Pal 001 Wii, 4.3e menu

This is a completely fresh install, I noticed BBloader acted differently when just dragged onto a USB/wii that previously had portabilizemii and the VGA patches installed.

Last edited:
This might be an obvious question so I apologize in advance but is there any way to emulate pointing the wiimote straight up (as needed in Metroid: Other M or Skyward Sword for example)? If this is possible then Metroid: Other M would be perfectly playable along with some other games.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
OK getting somewhere.

While BBloader is installing if I switch the composite video cable for my VGA cable, when the install is done I have crispy VGA!

But as soon as I power cycle the Wii or reset it VGA does not work anymore :(

I suspected this would happen when component video was disabled then came back on the previous install attempt

The errors are Disc_Init returned 0

Pal 001 Wii, 4.3e menu

This is a completely fresh install, I noticed BBloader acted differently when just dragged onto a USB/wii that previously had portabilizemii and the VGA patches installed.
I think I figured out what was the issue with VGA (though I am still not sure why it happens only on some Wiis). I will release an update for it after some more testings.
I am not sure about the issue with the Wii game though. Can you tell me which game you're trying to boot? Can you try with another one?

This might be an obvious question so I apologize in advance but is there any way to emulate pointing the wiimote straight up (as needed in Metroid: Other M or Skyward Sword for example)? If this is possible then Metroid: Other M would be perfectly playable along with some other games.
uhm no, this is not supported, but I guess I can add it to the TODO list

Kaos03

when the full version comes out do you just need to reinstall the software to update it

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
when the full version comes out do you just need to reinstall the software to update it
Updates will usually be as easy as replacing the files on your drive, though in this particular case v1.1 will require to run the installer again which will be possible with a button combination.

Kaos03

Updates will usually be as easy as replacing the files on your drive, though in this particular case v1.1 will require to run the installer again which will be possible with a button combination.
sounds simple thanks

Last edited:

Kaos03

Separate post: im having trouble with ios58 and all i can find is ios58 installer but i cant find a direct file download and i not sure what to do with it because the install has an apps folder with boot.dol, icon, and meta files so do i just replace those or am i overthinking things

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Separate post: im having trouble with ios58 and all i can find is ios58 installer but i cant find a direct file download and i not sure what to do with it because the install has an apps folder with boot.dol, icon, and meta files so do i just replace those or am i overthinking things
IOS58 WAD is usually not required if your Wii is updated

I also get that error of my gamecube games not showing up but my Wii games do
And when I launch my Wii games it would load that warning message that always shows up for Wii games about safety and then black screen

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I also get that error of my gamecube games not showing up but my Wii games do
And when I launch my Wii games it would load that warning message that always shows up for Wii games about safety and then black screen
Can you post a screenshot of your games folder structure?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
uhm this is very weird. Can you try copying another gamecube game and see if that also doesn't show up? I'll try to replicate the issue but I am not sure how.
While for the Wii games blocking, press B on them and make sure the Bluetooth/GC2Wiimote settings are set properly

uhm this is very weird. Can you try copying another gamecube game and see if that also doesn't show up? I'll try to replicate the issue but I am not sure how.
While for the Wii games blocking, press B on them and make sure the Bluetooth/GC2Wiimote settings are set properly
ok so I added Mario baseball, and Mario party still didn't show up for gc
I also added 3 other wii games such as Mario galaxy, dbzbt3, and new super Mario bros, messed with the bluetooth and gc2wiimote settings still blackscreened, and I know the usb works cuz when I plugged it into my untrimmed wii (doesn't have portabilizemii or bbloader just regularly modded home console), nintendont can see the gc games and play and the wii games also run as well on usbloader gx

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
ok so I added Mario baseball, and Mario party still didn't show up for gc
I also added 3 other wii games such as Mario galaxy, dbzbt3, and new super Mario bros, messed with the bluetooth and gc2wiimote settings still blackscreened, and I know the usb works cuz when I plugged it into my untrimmed wii (doesn't have portabilizemii or bbloader just regularly modded home console), nintendont can see the gc games and play and the wii games also run as well on usbloader gx
What drive is it?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Oh that's very weird. I have that drive and everything works perfectly. Do you have it formatted in FAT32 with MBR partition table? Can you try formatting it with guiformat?
it is fat32 and I do use guiformat
I do have the right directory for gc games right?

Status
Not open for further replies.