Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Please log all issues with BBLoader in this thread.

Log issues only, keep any other chat to the discord channel or individual thread.

Issues will be marked as "Resolved" as they are fixed.

Issues need to be logged in the following format:

BBLoader version:

Description of issue:

How to recreate issue:

Pictures of error and/or error codes:

USB Drive: (Brand, Size)

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite)

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed)

RRR

Hi Aurelio and everyone.
I just installed the BB loader and it looks great so far. I was having an issue booting some of my Wii games:

BBLoader version: v1.1

Description of issue: Wii games that worked with the PortablizeMii loader are no longer working they load up to a black or green screen
-Mario Galaxy 2
-Pikmin 2
-Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
-Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special

The only game I have still working is Metal Slug Anthology

How to recreate issue:

Pictures of error and/or error codes: just black or green screen

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) USB card reader with SanDisk Ultra 256GB micro SDcard

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) composite

untrimmed

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi Aurelio and everyone.
I just installed the BB loader and it looks great so far. I was having an issue booting some of my Wii games:

Description of issue: Wii games that worked with the PortablizeMii loader are no longer working they load up to a black or green screen
-Mario Galaxy 2
-Pikmin 2

How to recreate issue:

untrimmed
Please specify the brand and model of the SD card adapter. A link to it would be even better so I can order it and hopefully fix it

RRR

Thank you for the reply!
I have been just using a cheap generic SD card reader as a placeholder until I get my GBoy order in a few weeks. After that, I would be using the SD reader included with the kit.
If the card reader is the problem, I don't mind just waiting a few weeks for the one with the GBoy.
I just wanted to make sure there was not another issue I was encountering.

It is a generic, no brand USB 2.0 drive, so if it is the issue, I am sure it will not be a problem for others.
Here is a link just in case:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thank you for the reply!
I have been just using a cheap generic SD card reader as a placeholder until I get my GBoy order in a few weeks. After that, I would be using the SD reader included with the kit.
If the card reader is the problem, I don't mind just waiting a few weeks for the one with the GBoy.
I just wanted to make sure there was not another issue I was encountering.

It is a generic, no brand USB 2.0 drive, so if it is the issue, I am sure it will not be a problem for others.
Here is a link just in case:
The adapter included in the kit has been confirmed working flawlessly to everyone who has tested it, so you have nothing to worry about that :)
I will still check this adapter and try to get it to work

RRR

That is wonderful to hear! I am really excited to have it in hand.
I am sorry to bring up an issue that is very much a niche issue.
The adapter is sold by Daiso, under their store brand so it may be possible to get in countries outside of Japan as well.

We all appreciate your help with everything!

Portables
BBLoader version:

Description of issue:

I wanted to report an issue I'm seeing using GC2Wiimote. Wii games aren't allowing the full use of the screen with "Wii Remote" IR. The cursor is also off center, leaning more toward the right. I've tested Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 3. Metroid was worse stopping the cursor around 3rd from the bottom of the screen. Not sure it matters but I'm using a CRT.

How to recreate issue:

After customizing GC2Wiimote, load Metroid Prime 3. Once the game loads, move the Wiimote IR portion of the controls to replicate.

USB Drive: (Brand, Size):

SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC with an old unbranded USB 2 adapter from the Acekard DSi days. (note: No other issues loading Wii, GameCube, emulator games with this combo)

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite):

Component to an old CRT TV

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed):

Untrimmed

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
BBLoader version:

Description of issue:
I wanted to report an issue I'm seeing using GC2Wiimote. Wii games aren't allowing the full use of the screen with "Wii Remote" IR. The cursor is also off center, leaning more toward the right. I've tested Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 3. Metroid was worse stopping the cursor around 3rd from the bottom of the screen. Not sure it matters but I'm using a CRT.

How to recreate issue:
After customizing GC2Wiimote, load Metroid Prime 3. Once the game loads, move the Wiimote IR portion of the controls to replicate.

USB Drive: (Brand, Size):
SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC with an old unbranded USB 2 adapter from the Acekard DSi days. (note: No other issues loading Wii, GameCube, emulator games with this combo)

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite):
Component to an old CRT TV

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed):
Untrimmed
This is a known issue of the "Direct IR mode". I am working on a fix

xsping

i have issue after wireup mx chip on trimmed wii bb loader installed,it seems like blocking the wii game booting,when mx chip was unwired, wii games boot normally, but mx chip is really needed when booting a lot of games, like mini ninja,etc

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
i have issue after wireup mx chip on trimmed wii bb loader installed,it seems like blocking the wii game booting,when mx chip was unwired, wii games boot normally, but mx chip is really needed when booting a lot of games, like mini ninja,etc
Make sure it's not an issue with your wiring. Many of us have tested BBLoader both with and without the MX chip.

Hi Aurelio and everyone.

-Mario Galaxy 2
-Pikmin 2

How to recreate issue:

untrimmed
BBLoader version: 1.1

Description of issue: Theme failed to load

How to recreate issue: I installed on top of a portablizemii drive that didn't run Wii games before (hoping Hiidra would fix the USB compatibility) and attempted to load settings from BBloader. I waited a minute and pressed A. it loaded the 1st GCN game (unexpectedly, but successfully). I held the reset on the controller and it re-launched into BBloader. I attempted to switch to the wii list with the c stick, and it came up with the nice "hiidra is runnig" screen and hung up there for about 2 minutes. I power failed the Wii and it now says the theme xml file failed to load. I assume it was due to corruption while loading or the reboot. I found the filesystem had some directories duplicated, and the theme xml file was missing. I copied the BBloader files back over and used windows error check on the drive. The filesystem looks good now and BBloader boots again, but the issue is repeatable with the same setup. the folders showed 3 copies after leaving it run at the Hiidra screen for longer. I am guessing that there is a USB drive issue?

IMG_20200707_223817.jpg

wii corruption.PNG

USB Drive: (Brand, Size): 64 GB SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0
IMG_20200707_224148.jpg

IMG_20200707_224137.jpg

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite): Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed): untrimmed, Disk drive board in place without the motors connected. wires run to a DIY break out board with JST connectors (don't laugh, I started this one in 2014/2015 and had way less resources).

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

Description of issue: Theme failed to load

How to recreate issue: I installed on top of a portablizemii drive that didn't run Wii games before (hoping Hiidra would fix the USB compatibility) and attempted to load settings from BBloader. I waited a minute and pressed A. it loaded the 1st GCN game (unexpectedly, but successfully). I held the reset on the controller and it re-launched into BBloader. I attempted to switch to the wii list with the c stick, and it came up with the nice "hiidra is runnig" screen and hung up there for about 2 minutes. I power failed the Wii and it now says the theme xml file failed to load. I assume it was due to corruption while loading or the reboot. I found the filesystem had some directories duplicated, and the theme xml file was missing. I copied the BBloader files back over and used windows error check on the drive. The filesystem looks good now and BBloader boots again, but the issue is repeatable with the same setup. the folders showed 3 copies after leaving it run at the Hiidra screen for longer. I am guessing that there is a USB drive issue?

Pictures of error and/or error codes:View attachment 13088
View attachment 13091

USB Drive: (Brand, Size): 64 GB SanDisk Ultra Flair USB 3.0
View attachment 13089
View attachment 13090

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite): Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed): untrimmed, Disk drive board in place without the motors connected. wires run to a DIY break out board with JST connectors (don't laugh, I started this one in 2014/2015 and had way less resources).
I have actually had a similar issue with other two SanDisk drives. I am still trying to fix it, somehow the FAT library used in Hiidra doesn't like SanDisk drives.

Would anyone have pictures of the game cube control configuration? games like mario take the directional upside down

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Would anyone have pictures of the game cube control configuration? games like mario take the directional upside down
If you set the wiimote orientation to sideways, the DPad mapping will be as if you hold the wiimote horizontally with the DPad on the left side

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool

Description of issue:
Wii gets stuck on the loading screen after adding more games/apps to the sd card

How to recreate issue:
Add games to the USB drive(?)

Just stuck on the "BBLoader 1.1 is loading" screen

USB Drive: (Brand, Size)
Kingston Micro-SD to USB adapter, tried with both a red and green Samsung EVO 128gb card

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite)
Tried both composite and VGA, no change

Trimmed

The behavior is super inconsistent, aside from the fact that it happens often. Adding a lot of games or apps at once always causes this issue, but it can be triggered by adding a single game. It doesn't seem to do with how many games are on the drive before adding more, I've had it work fine with like 15 games and adding 3 breaks it, or having 5 games and adding one breaks it. In order to get BBLoader to load again, I have to delete most or all of the files on the drive. Certain games don't seem to be causing the issue.

Description of the problem: when trying to exit the game to the bbloader menu by pressing L + Z and choosing to go to the black screen wii menu and do not leave it there, needing to turn off and on the wii in power and in the case of New Mario Bross, after pressing L + Z cannot move the cursor's little hand.

USB Drive: HP Simple Save 500gb usb 2.0 external hard drive

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed / Untrimmed) I don't know how to answer

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

Description of the problem: when trying to exit the game to the bbloader menu by pressing L + Z and choosing to go to the black screen wii menu and do not leave it there, needing to turn off and on the wii in power and in the case of New Mario Bross, after pressing L + Z cannot move the cursor's little hand.

USB Drive: HP Simple Save 500gb usb 2.0 external hard drive

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed / Untrimmed) I don't know how to answer
Uhhh do you have L+Z mapped with GC2Wiimote to thr Home button? If so then yes, the exit to home menu doesn't work yet

Uhhh do you have L+Z mapped with GC2Wiimote to thr Home button? If so then yes, the exit to home menu doesn't work yet
The L + Z worked goes straight to the home menu of the game, I used the Retropad 32+ original ps2 control on the tests connected to the nintendo wii gc controls input, just like the new mario doesn't move the cursor hand and Mario Galaxy 2 the little hand moves and I click to leave but it is black screen, the game cube games do the IGR normally.

I am absorbed with the stability of the bbloader for a first beta, it is a dream come true and that will undoubtedly bring many who had their wii nintendos stopped due to lack of control back to the wii scenario.

Do you intend to add support for HD on NTFS in the future?

Is there a list of games compatible with BBloader?

A friend asked me if there is a possibility of support for USB control in the future, it would help that I have the Wii Family Ediniton without native support for Game Cube control.

A hug my dear and success always, you changed the way to play nintendo wii games

Status
Not open for further replies.