5 Inch Eyoyo Component Screen

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
I've had a look at the different projects and methods for interfacing with one of these but I'm afraid it'd appear to be cost prohibitive for me at first glance. I'll try and find the components somewhere like Aliexpress as sadly it's all I can afford.

ahrlad

Ok, I'm going to have to read up on this more by the looks of things as it's still well beyond my knowledge base. Little home truth here is that I don't actually own a PC of any sort and scrape by on equipment that I borrow from work (I really am that poor!) I do have a couple of Raspberry Pis however, and can always linux-boot the work PCs but I doubt they'll have the necessary connections so will have to construct a peripheral of some sort.

I would really appreciate any good links you might have so that I can read myself in on this topic! :D

As a side note I did manage to dig up a schematic for a RTD2660 board online, but don't know how much it can be trusted. Does anyone have something in that department? :)
You can use a raspberry pi to program it too, with that exact i2c programmer i linked to even--it's how I do it, only using a slightly different sbc. You can do it with anything running linux basically, as long as it exposes an i2c bus

Here's some info:

http://pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=22851 pretty good hardware summary (use google translate)
https://github.com/specadmin/RTD2660AVR (really cool wip avr based firmware source)
https://github.com/danyaPostfactum/RTD2662 (pcb800099 firmware source, keil 8051 (on windows) needed to build)
I've documented some stuff on the driver boards and lcd types which I haven't found elsewhere here:
https://github.com/ahrlad/RTD2662/wiki

There's lots of good reasons not to bother with this stuff, but cost isn't likely to be hugely prohibitive. If you wanna go down the rabbit hole hit up me or BocuD on discord

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
I can't say I'm super-passionate about making this custom board, but was more trying to figure out how I could help by dumping the firmware off of this Eyoyo screen :)

Now in saying that, those are excellent links that I might spend a few days digesting, simply because I consider this stuff to be good bedtime reading lol

I have an Eyoyo screen coming in within the next few days so I'll upload the firmware once I receive it.

@CLAUDIO I've tried to dump the firmware on two separate Eyoyo screen boards with the same error and failed to extract the firmware. It keeps saying "segmentation fault". Let me know if you get it working!

Yes, it recognizes and sees the board is connected just fine. But for some reason won't dump the firmware. I spoke with BocuD about it as he walked me through the process of dumping firmware from rtd2660 boards and I was successful with other non Eyoyo boards. Which lead me to the conclusion that the Eyoyo firmware is security locked and can't be dumped however BocuD thinks it's an issue elsewhere. I can't see what issue elsewhere it can be, but I've given up after trying it on two separate Eyoyo screens with the same error haha.

Hello, unfortunately I don't have this LCD for testing, but I tested other 03 models (generics) and in all of them it was successful. Can you record a video showing the process you are using?

Hi guys,
I proceeded with the firmware dump correctly and I can write to other cards. However, I've been having some questions about the identification of the original LCD specifications of the eyoyo 501, my card is 40 pins in the flat, however I can't identify if the screen is lvds, ttl, etc. If anyone has this information I would be grateful.

At the same time I started working on a firmware that is compatible with the other cards, because I found it only for the PCB800099.

Last edited:

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Oi pessoal,
Eu continuei com o despejo de firmware corretamente e posso gravar em outros cartões. No entanto, estou tendo algumas dúvidas sobre a identificação das especificações de LCD originais do eyoyo 501, meu cartão tem 40 pinos no plano, mas não consigo identificar se a tela é lvds, ttl, etc. Se alguém tiver esta informação eu ficaria grato.

Ao mesmo tempo, comecei a trabalhar em um firmware compatível com os outros cartões, porque o encontrei apenas para o PCB800099.
I don’t want to be rude, but this is an English only forum as we have a lot of international members here and it makes it easier to chat if we all use English. A quick google translate would’ve been fine. (As below). For next time!

Hi all,
I proceeded with the firmware dump correctly and can write to other cards. However, I am having some doubts about the identification of the original LCD specifications of the eyoyo 501, my card has 40 pins in the plane, but I cannot identify if the screen is lvds, ttl, etc. If anyone has this information I would be grateful.

At the same time, I started working on a firmware compatible with the other cards, because I found it only for the PCB800099.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Necrobump ahoy! Wesk and I (mostly Wesk) did some science and found that the Eyoyo will not accept 480i over VGA, but will accept 480i and 240p over component without issue. I have updated the main post to mention that it accepts 480p, 480i, and 240p over component.

BocuD

Portables
That is one hell of a bump, very nice