Question 5" 640x480 4:3 VGA Display White screen

Scors

So, i've been trying to get my trimmed wii motherboard to boot for the last few days (which is an issue for another time) and I switched everything on like i'd done 50 or so times already when i was greeted with a white screen. I'm guessing i fried the driver board somehow as even after i removed all of the wires besides power, the white screen persists, i must've knocked a wire loose and shorted something. I just want someone to confirm the driver board's death before i go and buy a new one and watch the old one magically come back to life as soon as the new one arrives. Thanks
IMG_0143[1].JPG

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Try to remove the ffc connector and reinsert it straight and precise

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Possibly I'm not sure what else. What is the yellow wire in the pic, it doesn't look right?

Scors

The yellow wire on the left? That’s the 5v line directly to the regulator out, it looks like it could be touching the left pin also but it is not, I’ve checked. All the wires at the bottom aside from the ground are disconnected. Thanks for the help Gman, I appreciate it. Pretty sure I killed the board so I’ll order a replacement when I can

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Oh no you can't wire it like that. If you do the 5v mod you need to remove the inductor and wire to the positive lead on the 5v capacitor. I think it is L117 on that board, but check first.

Scors

oh right, I didn’t realise, it was working with that configuration but I guess that would explain why it didn’t last. I’ll see if it works once I do what you say and if not, at least I’ll know for the next one. Thanks a lot for your help man, really appreciate it