Search results

1. fibbef

Model NES-to-Famicom 72-to-60 pin adapter

Ever since I bought a Famicom, I've wanted an adapter to play my NES carts on it. Over on Discord, @YveltalGriffin sent me a link for one on AliExpress, which I promptly picked up and immediately began designing a shell for the bare-bones adapter. It's held together with 4 small screws of...
  2. fibbef

Question What 3D software should I use?

If you are super eager to build something just to have it in your hands, I'll second Doom and suggest a NES portable built out of a cheap clone board. You'll definitely get your feet wet in the hobby without breaking the bank and give you skills + confidence to work on something more complex. I...
  3. fibbef

Worklog G-Luma 64

First test print finished! I know a lot of people don't post about all of their tests, but I'd prefer to post regularly than to let this project stagnate for another 2 years. All things considered, not terrible for a first test print. It helped me identify a few areas that need tweaked, as...
  4. fibbef

Worklog G-Luma 64

Progress remains slow while I over-engineer the design. I printed out an OK-ish test print of what will be the bologna of my N64 portable sandwich. The airflow channel appears to have printed well, despite a bulk of it not having any print supports. The 2 screws on the left will hold down the...
  5. fibbef

Worklog G-Luma 64

I feel like I'm jumping the gun with an update on this, but I'm eager to show what I've got so far. I'm trying to make this the most planned out project I've ever done so far, considering that most of my projects are thrown together with minimal planning and I deal with issues as they come...
  6. fibbef

Worklog G-Luma 64

Ok, I had to dig through a few pages of posts to dig this one up. Since I recently finished a project that was incepted back in 2017, I'm continuing the trend of trying to wrap up old projects. The name for this project may yet be in flux, but I still want to print it in glow filament. I should...
  7. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

This project is complete. Finished product can be seen here.
  8. fibbef

Super Notendo

Yes, probably. There are still 6 or 7 unused pins on the cart slot, so one could be reserved for that purpose. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly clever enough to be able to implement anything like that. CorruptedBit suggested using NOT gates inside each of the carts to flip the controls. I'm afraid...
  9. fibbef

Super Notendo

After conceiving of this project nearly 5 years ago, I'm pleased to finally present the Super Notendo! Originally titled the "Notendo Toggle" when I started my worklog, I changed the name and reserved the "Toggle" moniker for another project. The video more or less explains it all, but the...
  10. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Reviving a pretty stagnant topic here, but I do actually have a couple of updates. At this point in the game, I'm done making cartridges for the system. I started filming shots to edit into a cohesive video, which I hope to have complete in a couple of weeks. If you're interested in this...
  11. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Small update on the state of this project: As of my previous update, the console was 100% built and I was working on building additional cartridges. I had 18 carts built and have been working on one final (at least for now) cartridge that comes with a few additional features. I'm excited to show...
  12. fibbef

MRKane's final portable [KeyLime Pi-Rate Station]

Thanks for the video. It really didn't take the direction I expected it to take when you flipped the camera around onto yourself, but I appreciate the update on where you're at and glad you're able to move on to other things that you've been meaning to do. With regards to the project, maybe...
  13. fibbef

2021 Contest Entry: TiGER (SNES) Handheld (Portable)

Oh man, I hated those Tiger games so much. They were such a letdown when all a kid wanted was a Gameboy. Case design is spot on for the 90's aesthetics. Any plans to 2D print a cartoonish label to go around the screen?
  14. fibbef

2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

To your first question, if you melt the plastic it will probably keep the same color, but melting and mixing it will probably make it extra cloudy, so I wouldn't bank on it staying as transparent as it is now. For your second question, there's no need to coat it. Definitely just use it as...
  15. fibbef

Yeah, or however you see fit. You can see an example of how I used it in the third image of this post: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/psyu-a-psone-portable.748/ Another way I used it was after I royally screwed up some frankencasing, I completely dremeled out the front of my case...
  16. fibbef

This will be a fun worklog, for sure. I love the double-wide GBA mockup in your first pic. I'll offer some Frankencasing advice if you choose to take it: if you're working with a piece that doesn't give you enough interior room as you need or if you need to flatten out a surface, try using...
  17. fibbef

MRKane's final portable [KeyLime Pi-Rate Station]

I'm really sorry to hear about your condition. But I'm glad to hear that you're choosing to quit this hobby on your own terms. I see what you wrote about pity parties, so I'll just leave it at that. Let me know what kind of hobbies you take up next. I've got a tiny bit of experience in about a...
  18. fibbef

RVLoader v2.0

Just installed this over BBLoader on one of my Wiis. Installation was painless and I appreciate the added features. I love that games are now alphabetized. It's the little things.
  19. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Thanks for the response, CorruptedBit. Yes, most of the cartridges have a bit of wiggle room inside the shell, so after reading your advice, I gave a real half-assed (I mean, let's not mince words here) attempt at making a NOT gate out of a transistor and a couple of resistors. Unfortunately, I...
  20. fibbef

Worklog Super NOTendo

Hello everyone! I'm reaching out asking for help on this project. The solution may be simple, but so far it eludes me. So far in order to trigger a button press, the arduino outputs "low" on a pin, effectively bringing it to ground. It works great for most games. The problem I have is that I've...