Search results

1. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

Update: I fixed it! Long story short, it actually was MX. @vipe_202 was right all along, everything works perfectly now. I thought I had irreparably screwed up MX the first time I tried, which was why it wasn't there in the first place. I can't connect a clock battery, but that's completely...
  2. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

Update: I was doing some testing, and I discovered that all of these games work properly when memory card emulation is turned on. I plan on using physical memory cards, so that's not a solution per se, but I think that means there's probably something wrong with my memory card slot relocation...
  3. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using a tighter-twisted wire pair, but I have all the same issues as before (no additional ones, thankfully). Here's what it looks like now:
  4. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

I'll try deleting the virtual memory cards when I get a chance tomorrow, and take pictures of the USB wiring then too. Thanks for the help! [EDIT] I deleted the virtual memory cards, and everything is the same as before. Here are the pictures of my USB wiring:
  5. Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

On my portable, I have a few GameCube games that give me problems when running them. None of these issues happen on my untrimmed wii (same version of RVLoader(1.6), same iso files), so I know it's not the iso files. The games are: Starfox Adventures - Black Screen, no sound F-Zero GX - Black...
  6. Solved RGB difficulty with Wii VGA

I just went back, and the wiring was correct, but after messing with the settings enough, I think I'm satisfied with what I've got. Strangely enough, I've tried this before, but the result came out better this time, so I'm keeping it. Thanks for the tip!
  7. Solved RGB difficulty with Wii VGA

I didn't think so, but I'll give it a shot next time I get the chance. Thanks for the help!
  8. Solved RGB difficulty with Wii VGA

I've been having difficulties with the RGB connections for my G-Wii's VGA. As it stands, my display looks like this: Here are the approximate resistances to GND for all 3 (both on the Wii and the screen board): R: 37.5 G: 75 B: 75 Based on what I've read, I think that means the G and B...
  9. Solved Off-White Residue

Every once in a while, when I open my portable Wii to work on it, I find this off-white residue-looking stuff accumulated, particularly on the vias. I've cleaned it up with alcohol and a q-tip every time I've seen it, but what is it? Is there something I'm doing wrong to cause it? And most...
  10. Solved Via Soldering Tips

Does anyone have any tips for soldering to small vias? I'm having a tough time soldering to the U10 and controller data vias on my Wii, so I wanted to know if anyone had any advice for that or via soldering in general.
  11. Solved No Input from GC+ 2.0

I have my GC+ 2.0 wired up, but when the Wii is on, I have no input from the controller whatsoever. I've tested everything the best I can with a multimeter. I have continuity on everything, and testing when the Wii is on showed everything receiving the right voltage, so I'm not sure what I'm...
  12. Solved Viable Additional Trim?

I've been putting together a G-Wii, but including a memory card slot. However, I recently discovered that I can't fit the memory card slot in with the Wii as I currently have it trimmed. The area marked in black sharpie is what I would need to trim off to fit the slot. From what I can tell, I...
  13. Solved Screen not powering on

Sorry I've been so long coming back to this, I was pretty busy for a while. After following your advice, rewiring the fan and 5V, and realizing that I also had video wired wrong the whole time, the Wii boots and the screen works! It seems like it's being a bit slow in booting, so that may be a...
  14. Solved Screen not powering on

Thanks. After working on the problems you mentioned, I tested it again, and I still got nothing. However, I did discover the fan problem was due to some sloppy soldering on the PMS 5v rail (it wound up shorted to the fan wires because of the way I tried to fit everything in), so I still have...
  15. Solved Screen not powering on

Here's both sides. I've already noticed a couple things that could be a problem, like one of the SCW/SDW wires broke off. For some reason, 1.8v also isn't outputting 1.8v, and the fan no longer spins, so those could possibly be related as well. Thanks for the help.
  16. Solved Screen not powering on

Got it, thanks. I just tested it that way and the Wii is indeed not turning on, so now I just have to figure out why (and hope that it's not a botched trim).
  17. Solved Screen not powering on

I'm working on a G-Wii and just got to wiring up the screen, and it doesn't turn on at all. I'm using the screen that used to be sold on the BitBuilt store (datasheet attached just in case). For running it off of 5v, I followed some instructions from an older thread involving removing L111 and...
  18. Solved Connecting RVL PMS 2 to USB-C PD 1?

Got it. Thanks for the help.
  19. Solved Connecting RVL PMS 2 to USB-C PD 1?

Thanks. Should UP be connected to 5V then, or should I just not have anything connected to UP?
  20. Solved Connecting RVL PMS 2 to USB-C PD 1?

I recently bought the RVL PMS 2 because I managed to ruin my PMS 1. I'm using the old USB-C PD because I already had it and heard that they should work together. However, some of the connection names differ between the two versions, so I want to make sure I know what I should be connecting to...