Search results

1. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Hi guys, I thought I'd start a new worklog to share progress updates on the Retro Lite CM5! (however slow they may be!). I've decided that I want to re-design the Retro Lite PCB from the ground up to support the up and coming RK3588s compute module. With the new release of the Radxa CM5 coming...
  2. StonedEdge

RetroLite Station

Hi all, I've finally finished my docking station for the Retro Lite CM4! I've opened sourced all of the STL files + code, and the PCBs + BOMs are to come later once I make a few fixes to the hardware design. https://github.com/StonedEdge/Retro-Lite-CM4-Dock Introducing the RetroLite Station...
  3. StonedEdge

WiiSPii Emerald Green

Closed up another WiiSPii I had lying around for 3 years yesterday. After some issues with the analog triggers I’ve managed to flash them properly thanks to Aurelio straight from the GC configurator. Case cost me my left nut from PCBway but it is dyed acrylic. I opted for shielded wire this...
  4. StonedEdge

Funtastic Retro Lite CM4s for Sale! (minus CM4)

Hi all, I have some completed Retro Lite CM4s in funtastic colors for sale. These are all completed units (everything has been tested) and all you need to do is drop in your CM4 to get them working. I'm selling each of them for $550 + shipping ($600 for the metal edition). All come with a PD...
  5. StonedEdge

Retro Lite CM4 Shadowbox (Art Piece)

I finally finished my Retro Lite CM4 shadowbox! I always liked the concept of displaying exploded game consoles on the walls as art. I think a vertical explosion would have looked way cooler but obviously that’s impossible to do thanks to gravity. I had too many of these lying around and people...
  6. StonedEdge

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Deck S2 (First PS2 Portable)

After playing through the GoW series, I've been inspired to try my hand at a PS2 portable. Very early days in development, but I plan on hopefully entering the contest this year (or at least using this as an excuse to get back into console portablizing after building Pi's...). Still have a lot...
  7. StonedEdge

Retro Lite CM4

The Retro Lite CM4 - A StonedEdge and Dmcke5 Collaboration Project Current worklogs on the Retro Lite CM4 can be found here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/retro-lite-cm4-a-stonededge-and-dmcke5-collaboration.3934/...
  8. StonedEdge

Wesk Aran Case

I’m doing a bit of a clean out and came across Wesk’s original Aran case. As I have no time to assemble it, I’m putting it up for sale. Comes with GC+ 1.0, 2 joycon sticks (and breakouts), resin green ABXY/DPAD + shoulder buttons and Z button. I’ll throw in a 5 way tact switch, speakers and a...
  9. StonedEdge

N64SP v2 by Gman

A big thanks to Gman for letting me have a go at assembling an N64SP v2 portable. It's an amazing build and despite it being a thick chungus, it is surprisingly comfortable to play for long N64 gaming sessions. The new N64 Advanced Trimming Guide was easy to follow and the PIF breakout made...
  10. StonedEdge

UltraWii Sakura: A Thing of Utter Beauty - by YveltalGriffin

The UltraWii: A compact, beautiful, sakura pink custom engineering marvel designed by YveltalGriffin. April 2021. Article: By StonedEdge YveltalGriffin has been around the forums for a few years now and has recently completed his marvel of a Wii portable - dubbed the "UltraWii Sakura" after...
  11. StonedEdge

Model Wii SPii CAD Files

The Wii SPii By StonedEdge The Wii SPii is now open source! I've had the chance to test everything thoroughly (the newer Rev 1.4 PCBs) and feel confident enough to allow others to at least have a go at building their own WiiSPii using the Joycon board (3DS slider PCB will be released here at a...
  12. StonedEdge

The Wii SPii

The Wii SPii A Nintendo GBA SP inspired clamshell portable by StonedEdge Worklog: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-wii-spii.3347/ So here we are, my first post in The Cutting Edge, and my first ever portable on the forums designed by myself! After 10 months of PCB failure...
  13. StonedEdge

BitBuilt 2020: A Year in Review

BitBuilt 2020 The Yearly Recap The year that now was. 2020 was full of surprises for everyone, with the global pandemic of COVID-19 impacting our lives in unprecedented ways. MGC 2020, originally scheduled for April this year was cancelled last minute and unfortunately, a lot of BitBuilt...
  14. StonedEdge

Secret Santa 2020: Post your gifts here!

It’s finally that time of year again! Despite 2020 being a bit of a wild rollercoaster, it has overall been a great year for portablizing, with the community certainly growing in more ways than one. For that, all of the BitBuilt team and staff members thank everyone for making some awesome...
  15. StonedEdge

Metallic Silver G-Wii rev2: For Sale!

Hi everyone, I am selling my Metallic Silver G-Wii rev2 since it just sits on my desk and I rarely play it. I had a lot of fun building it of course, but it's time to put it into another person's hands that will play it a lot more than I will. I am selling it for $1000USD plus shipping costs...
  16. StonedEdge

StonedEdge’s Genuine G-Boy (No Clones)

Obviously this is the face you pull when you receive your Gboy! Going to be streaming an all white Gboy build from start to finish next weekend live on YouTube starting 6pm EST on Saturday the 4th of July. Stay tuned, will post a link when we go live next week! Time may change at short notice...
  17. StonedEdge

Beauty and the Beast: Practice makes perfect

So I was browsing through some old photos as we all inevitably do reminisce sometime in our lives, and I came across my first G-Wii internals. Safe to say they were a pretty ugly nuke (beast) compared to my newer G-Wii (beauty, at least in my own eyes hehe) and I thought it would be cool to have...
  18. StonedEdge

Project Spotlight: Switch Lite Raspberry Pi Portable by Dmcke5

It is not often here on the BitBuilt forums that we like to hear the word “emulation” being used to describe fully portable gaming consoles. However, we thought we could make an exception for the opportunity to display the incredible craftsmanship and attention to detail by Dmcke5 in his latest...
  19. StonedEdge

Project Spotlight: The N64 SP – Gman does it again

Although the Midwest Gaming Classic for this year was unfortunately cancelled due to COVID-19, it didn’t stop veteran portablizer Gman from unveiling to the world his brand new perspective on N64 portables. N64 portables have been made since the dawn of time, but in comparison to Wii...
  20. StonedEdge

Worklog The Wii SPii

Enter the Wii SPii, my 2020 summer contest entry: The portable will be modeled after an original SP console and feature a full OMEGA trim with NAND relocation and AVE relocation performed by me, as well as an all-in one PCB showing off all of the latest boards designed by the awesome members of...