Search results

1. MRKane

[SOLD] PS2 Portable "the Junkstation" $400USD

So I've decided to sell "the Junkstation 2" which was part of the BitBuilt 2022 competition as I made myself another one as I've concluded that I prefer it over the original. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/2022-contest-entry-the-junkstation-2.4997/#post-55909 Little walkthrough...
  2. MRKane

Worklog Nintendo 64 Multi-Region Mod

Hey guys, so it's been about six years and thanks to friends talking with me I'm kicking the hood off of this one again: what's the state of multi-region mods for the Nintendo 64? I'm aware of the UltraPIF, but it's cheaper to buy another N64 and use a donor PIF (so I'd just do that). I'm...
  3. MRKane

Worklog Fixing the New 3DS XL

So about a month ago I decided to purchase a 3DS as I had loved the standard DS. Thing is there were a couple of shortcomings with the unit that I dearly needed to fix, and we need way more new 3DS XL love out here on the internet! So, about my most pressing issue: Holding this thing is...
  4. MRKane

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The Junkstation 2

Ok, so it's not secret that I'm wrapping up electronics as a hobby so that I can move onto other things, but over the last decade or so I've accrued a collection of essentially worthless bits and pieces. This is something to light a fire under my ass so that I'll either make something with them...
  5. MRKane

Connecting Mango Router ethernet to PS2 through capacitive coupling

Of course the thread title could have also been called "the PS2 portable of Theseus" because that's kind of how it came about. I've continued to try and perfect the PS2 portable I made for the BitBuilt competition back in 2020 (man doesn't that feel like a lifetime ago!) and I think I'm at the...
  6. MRKane

MRKane's final portable [KeyLime Pi-Rate Station]

Final portable AKA "the only thread with Fluffy the WaxEye in it". So I had no intention of entering in this years competition due to my situation in life, but after a discussion with a few friends they kind of twisted my arm with phrases like "You've got to do something" or "You can't just...
  7. MRKane

Worklog N64 Overclock Fixes

Hello all. I'm back on the warpath again thanks to a discussion with a friend, Hypatia. Generally this would have been an Assembler post for me, but they don't exist anymore, and BitBuilt seems to have a good collection of people who have the very special knowledge required to work through...
  8. MRKane

Worklog MRKane's final PS2 portable, first competition entry

So I sold my prior PS2 in a Wii U (PiiU) to get the money to make this one, and I plan on it being everything I wanted in a portable so I’m dubbing it my “final PS2 portable”. I want to do it right for me. Also I got diagnosed with MS a little over a year ago so might need to start getting...
  9. MRKane

Question Playstation 2 off of 9V

Hello all, With the arrival of USB type C I've been left wondering if the PS2 7900X would run off of 9V and wanted to know if anyone could advise on that. Mainly because it'd be super-easy :) Cheers!
  10. MRKane

Question Combining screen controls with standard buttons

Hello all! So I'm once again under the hood of my little Wii U PS2 and found myself wondering if I could make more of a mess of it by trying to use the buttons of the unit itself for controlling the screen. The HDMI screen I've got seems to be triggerable using a standard tact and it looks...
  11. MRKane

Wii U Battery Dissection and Improvement

Gidday everyone, So my Wii U started to get battery fatigue, I brought a new "extended capacity" one which turned out to be a dud, got given a refund on it, and decided to improve mankind because there was no information out there on the battery! Li-ion cell measures 42x78x7mm and there's...
  12. MRKane

PS2 controller PCB files

Hello all, So typically I've finished my PS2p and was left thinking "I wish the insides were cleaner" and then had a crazy idea that'd require me to make my own PCB for handling the controller to come up with a solution. Simple question: -Are there any PCB files for the PS2 controller freely...
  13. MRKane

Seek Thermal Compact or Flir One

Gidday all, Does anyone have a Seek Thermal Compact or Flir One that they'd be willing to sell for less than an arm and leg? See I've got it in my head that it'd be helpful to develop something to go on my drone that would allow me to do some thermal imaging for spotting livestock during...
  14. MRKane

Worklog PiiStationU Portable

So I was taking stock of the carnage on my workbench after the last PS2 portable when I started thinking about a project I'd been tinkering with, which was a Raspberry Pi portable inside a Wii U. See I'd collected most of the stuff to do it, I had the screen, and the external phone charger I...
  15. MRKane

PS2 Portable As Cheap As Possible

So I've asked for a little help pertaining to the PS2 portable that I've just finished, and it was suggested that I post here :) Technically this isn't my first PS2 portable, but a re-case of one that went horribly wrong along the way, complete with hardware failures, faulty components, months...
  16. MRKane

PS2 Portable Assorted Issues

I should be onto my second PS2 portable by now, but couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to open up the first one I had made and do some improvements. First up: a much better frankencase, second: a better audio amp so the sound wasn't so scratchy. Thing is that now I just cannot get...
  17. MRKane

Best controller for PS2 Portable

First up: Long time lurker, and a first time poster. I guess I've got this far without any questions because of how complete everyones post and build logs are! I'd call myself an "amateur electrical hobbyist" as I've no University level training, but have accrued enough experience to fix/mod the...