Search results

1. Stitches

First G-Boy attempt and first problems... will probably need a lot of help and support...

I just hope the hardware isn't damaged
  2. Stitches

Question Wiimote trim

JacksonS did some of that once upon a time
  3. Stitches

First G-Boy attempt and first problems... will probably need a lot of help and support...

Did the screen come with a daughterboard with buttons on it? Also you majorly fucked up the USB wiring, you can't do D- from one port and D+ from the other. They're differential data lines, they must be paired.
  4. Stitches

I also have one of those, actually it's my second, the first one caught fire. Do recommend tho.

I also have one of those, actually it's my second, the first one caught fire. Do recommend tho.
  5. Stitches

Wii mother board version

You can, but you shouldn't. What you have is an old 6 layer Wii, which consumes twice the power and produces way more heat than a CPU-40 4 layer Wii. I'm unsure if the Gboy's cooling solution is sufficient to keep the temp low enough to use in a non-airconditioned space, so I'll need a cite...
  6. Stitches

Guide De-Lidding the Wii chips

If you nicked a cap and can't find the trace it came from, that's prolly a dead Wii
  7. Stitches

Question Wii doesn't boot

Maybe it was just the old V1 PMS that did that, I dunno, but I'm pretty sure store PMS units are initially set to shipping mode for safety.
  8. Stitches

Question Wii doesn't boot

The PMS defaults to shipping mode when batteries are disconnected, in this mode it will not turn on until a charge current is supplied. You'll need to give the PMS some 12v to the CHRG pad (with ground connected as well of course) to disable shipping mode, then the power button will work.
  9. Stitches

Question USB-C PD charging board

That little thing would be perfect for an idea I had recently, many thanks for finding it!
  10. Stitches

Worklog Wesk's last portable project (for a while)

Looking at this made me realise I've been printing my support requiring cases the wrong way around
  11. Stitches

Worklog Wesk's last portable project (for a while)

Cutting through support material be like trying to get through the thorn forest to reach Sleeping Beauty
  12. Stitches

Worklog WiiVision XT

13. Stitches

Release MY 4 in 1 Game Station

So they all use the same protocol? Nice
  14. Stitches

Solved Problem Using PTR08060 Voltage Regulator to Power Raspberry Pi 4

What gauge wire are you using? 24AWG?
  15. Stitches

G-boy gamecube ports and hdmi out

What you could do is install a small switch somewhere that disconnects the internal controller's data line. Then you could launch Nintendont manually through the BBLoader homebrew section, enable the USB adapter in Nintendont settings, launch a game, then turn the internal controller data switch...
  16. Stitches

G-boy gamecube ports and hdmi out

You could easily find somewhere to put another USB-C port, or a lightning port to carry the 4 controller data lines, 3.3v, 5v, and ground. It won't be too useful without a video out function tho. You could potentially use a mini/micro HDMI port to carry composite video and audio in addition to...
  17. Stitches

GBoy black screen upon boot

I second clearing the blob, that's not good
  18. Stitches

Solved How to create good custom NDS lite pad in Eagle ?

If you get a basic set of digital calipers, you can take very precise measurements. They're a must for things like this
  19. Stitches

Worklog GC Micro Worklog

oof
  20. Stitches

Question Have I killed my U5 pads?

Well you've managed to destroy all but one ground pad there, so I'd say there's no real point trying to mount the U10 there. You can still do the relocation, but you'll have to run wires to the U10 legs to supply 3.3v and ground.