Wii wiring

in the process of wiring the wii and im not getting anything on the LCD. when i power the system up i get a quick flash of light on the screen and then nothing after that. I really dont know what i couldve wired wrong.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
in the process of wiring the wii and im not getting anything on the LCD. when i power the system up i get a quick flash of light on the screen and then nothing after that. I really dont know what i couldve wired wrong.
The quick flash means the lcd is turning on but there is no input signal (the wii is not working). Anyway we really cant help you much if you dont share any photos.

Portables
1 (Aran)
for starters you solder joints are terrible, considering the amount of wire you have exposed on the PMS, you probably have a short. The stuff circled in yellow all look like current issues, and if not soon will be. and the one circled in blue iyou have red and a black wire soldered to the GND pad, im hoping those 3 wires are all ground.

if they are all ground, why are you tripling wiring to the 1 pad?, there are plenty of GND pads on the PMS

the other place you might have a short is the edge of the wii board, did you sand it fully?

Attachments

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Check the resistance between ground to all the PMS output voltages

Thought I would also post on this thread since I have a question about wii wiring. I am on the USB D+/- step and don't know where to solder to. I am using a 6 layer wii mother board and have been following the 6 layer expansion image to rewire, but I don't see what to do for the USB D+ and D-

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Your U10 relocation wire could also be shorting against the other via it's laying over

Sorry I’m still new to the forums, would it be better to put my previous question in a new thread?

Noah

retired
Portables
Sorry I’m still new to the forums, would it be better to put my previous question in a new thread?
Yes. This subforum is also for G-Boy questions, if you're building a G-Boy you should definitely not be using a 6-layer motherboard as stated in the manual.