Recent content by YveltalGriffin

1. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Thundervolt

Yep, Thundervolt will work with any input from 2.5 - 5.5V as long as it can provide enough current. 5V/3A USB-C as used in Wii Micros will be plug and play. Boards have been ordered and should be here in a week or so!
  2. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Thundervolt

loopj suggested adding an ALERT interrupt between the TMP1750 and the ATtiny1616, so I did. Explanation: After setting up an undervolt as the I2C controller, the ATtiny will fall back into I2C peripheral mode. Once the Wii takes over as controller, the ATtiny can no longer actively poll the...
  3. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Thundervolt

Last summer, @Wesk and I were theorycrafting a Wii reg board for undervolting that would solder directly to the motherboard. Such a board would remove all voltage droop from wires and might allow for more extreme undervolting, while also being more compact than any other voltage regulation...
  4. YveltalGriffin

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

Right. They're huge, they need at least 12V, the 1v one is two-phase (meaning it has two giant inductors), and we don't have full documentation for the controller ICs. The 12v input they require is the main issue. Going from 3.7V→1v is a lot more efficient than 12v→1v. And managing 4S batteries...
  5. YveltalGriffin

PS Hanami

I added a cherry blossom sticker. Now the "hanami" theme is complete! :)
  6. YveltalGriffin

MGC 2024

MGC was a ton of fun! I was on the same flight to Milwaukee as HackerBilly, which was a great way to start off the weekend. He gave me the inside scoop on how he's revolutionizing Toy Story figure modding, which was super interesting. Friday was very chill. Here's a pic of the room as we were...
  7. YveltalGriffin

Undervolting doesn't seem possible, at least with wires. Whenever I try to decrease the core rail voltages the system just hangs. However, after brainstorming with Benge at MGC, I've decided to design a modified 1v/1.15v reg board that will sit on the motherboard next to the SOC and solder...
  8. YveltalGriffin

N64HH V2

I've tested every variety of Alps-ish squishy tact on the market, and the grey ones don't feel nearly as good as the orange/blue variants. I have a stash of blue squishy tacts that I am happy to sell at cost. Just shoot me a DM. Sale thread...
  9. YveltalGriffin

Solved Omega trim first attempt FAILED

So you completely disconnected 1.8V and GND from the AVEflex, and the short was still there? If so, take a look at the RVK Compendium to see where the 1.8V voltage plane crosses your trim boundary. That's the area you need to inspect / potentially sand more. (Also, I'm eager to see whether the...
  10. YveltalGriffin

PS Hanami

I built this Playstation 1 portable in one month for MGC 2023! I have no clue why it's taken me so long to make a Cutting Edge post for it. The build process (trimming, CAD work, assembly) is documented in my worklog. This is an old-school portable with lots of hot glue. I wanted crispy...
  11. YveltalGriffin

What BGA Package does the Playstation Mini Classic use for its cpu?

99% sure it's custom, application processors like this usually are. It's certainly possible some similar MediaTek processors use the same package. Sorry, I'm not registered on the site either. The diagram I posted was publicly available, and is the most detail you can hope for with a custom...
  12. YveltalGriffin

What BGA Package does the Playstation Mini Classic use for its cpu?

As far as I can tell, the MT8167A is a TFBGA406L. Here are some details: https://bbs.16rd.com has a MediaTek forum with lots of helpful resources.
  13. YveltalGriffin

Caféflex is complete and open source on GitHub: LINK Caféflex usage will eventually be integrated into the trim guide; in the meantime, this post will have some notes for early adopters! As planned, caféflex relocates the SLC (NAND), has a microSD slot for eMMC replacement, and a WiFi module...
  14. YveltalGriffin

S.I.S Part 2: Electric Boogaloo *hot air*

A generic 858D hot air station will serve you well in these early stages of your modding career! They're available on AliExpress, eBay and Amazon for $30-40.