Recent content by TheGuy504

1. TheGuy504

Question RVL power management fried?

Thanks, Gman. The electronics gods weren’t with me on this one.
  2. TheGuy504

Question RVL power management fried?

I accidentally connected my power inputs for the RVL power management backwards and now it’s not turning on. Sinking another $65 into a part because of a stupid mistake is not in the best interest of a jobless high schooler:facepalm:. Any tips? Can I get this thing working again? Thanks.
  3. TheGuy504

Why can’t I buy anything from the store right now? Is everything out of stock?

Why can’t I buy anything from the store right now? Is everything out of stock?
  4. TheGuy504

Question I’m kinda new to this

Use the edit button! You’ve already made this mistake multiple times. To answer your question; yes. They don’t have the gamecube ports soldered on, but the Wii still retains the ability to play gc games in homebrew. Just wire up a gamecube controller to the pinout of the gamecube port, and it...
  5. TheGuy504

Joy-con breakout boards?

Does someone have an extra set of switch joy con connector breakout boards I can buy? I can’t do the soldering with just the raw connector.
  6. TheGuy504

Question I’m kinda new to this

The best thing you can do is read as much as you can on these forums. Here's a guide that's useful for beginners: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/electronics-101-videos.1224/
  7. TheGuy504

Question Running PTH0808 at 17v

For a temporary solution, yes. Replace them as soon as you get a higher rating ASAP though. If I may ask, why are you using that battery configuration? It seems pretty inefficient given the Wii running voltages.
  8. TheGuy504

Question Running PTH0808 at 17v

Those caps will not due. Your capacitor values should be at least twice your source voltage from what I've heard.
  9. TheGuy504

Display Stand for portable Wii

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/display-stand-for-portables.1140/
  10. TheGuy504

Currently working on a new portable! Going to be better than my last one. Now if the Gc+'s and...

Currently working on a new portable! Going to be better than my last one. Now if the Gc+'s and the cooling kits can just get back in stock..
  11. TheGuy504

Guide 3ds XL dpad board pin out

12. TheGuy504

Question Portbalizemii letter-bomb not appearing

Try switching the USB port that your usb is plugged into. I had this problem and that fixed it for me. Maybe this didn’t fix it, but mine worked after.
  13. TheGuy504

Wii (gamecube portable) for sale

(EDIT, THIS ITEM IS SOLD) I finished this project about a year ago. I spent countless hours working in and out of school to make a design that I was happy with. Since finished, I have periodically played this portable for extended periods of time for months. I have also beaten resident evil 4...
  14. TheGuy504

Question Will this trim work

Haha. That’s for the OM6 trim which I’m not doing for my project. I’ve looked at that before posting, and the diagram shows the reset button via, but not the on/off button via location. If I understand correctly, the U10 sends a 3.3v signal to turn the console on. Do I wire my button to that...
  15. TheGuy504

Question Will this trim work

Will this trim work? This is an old 6-layer that I’m using for a project. Also, how can I rewire a power button to turn it on? I do not know what traces to solder to given that I didn’t route them before I cut.