Recent content by DDIblis

1. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Quick update: I'm still working on the case to make sure that my printer can print it with no problems and that it looks as clean as possible, I'm experimenting with switching materials for extra heat and impact resistance too. I ordered my boards 20 days ago and just received them a few days...
  2. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

So I've been waiting on chips, ICS, microcontrollers, components, and who knows what else, I've lost count, for over a month and I pretty much ran out of things to test without the board being ordered, which I don't want to order before I have the money to buy the hot air station (Don't judge me...
  3. Question Name change help

Hello mods, Is there any way for me to change my name on here? I'm looking to use my newer name instead of the old one I made when I was 14 lol.
  4. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Alright guys update, you know what doesn't make sense? Spending literally weeks designing and perfecting the PCBS and then clobbering together a quick square with filleted edges as the case design. So fuck it, I spent a few more hours on it. Case 2.0 it is. It's not original, it's dumb, my 3d...
  5. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

All the boards will be posted publically very soon. I'm finalising everything still and keep having to go back and fix or change things as the design of the case is changing or I find myself able to make some improvements! Be on the lookout and I'll post here as soon as they are. I'm holding...
  6. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

ALRIGHT SO! I finally got all the measurements out to a place I actually liked the feel of. The case is simple enough, I'm not much of a designer though I'd love to have the battery parts thicker and the rest thinner on the bottom side of the case but I have no idea how to do that, so...
  7. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Quick tiny update, I'm making the 3d models for the case and all the components. I'm a massive fucking idiot and have been testing things wrong. Here's the thing, my fusion file is in cm, cura is in mm, so when I've been importing things in I've just been adding a 0 to the scale. That should...
  8. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Alright everyone, time for an update... I've sunk countless hours into this over the last 3 weeks, and through that time I've learned a lot. So without further ado, I present to you the big small 3: First up we have the ps2-pms: Currently just need to find a 1uh 10mOhm inductor for the board...
  9. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

HUGE update coming tomorrow after work. I just stayed up till 4 am for the 14th day in a row but it's all worth it with only 3 PCBs necessary to run the ps2, what I think might be the SMALLEST USB-c PD and data board and a new idea for the battery indicator LEDS that I haven't seen anyone use...
  10. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

And so after too many hours spent on the PMS, I think I have my final version... Unless I really screwed something up. I added button functionality through the sysoff pin that the BMS has running through a latching power circuit to turn it high and low which cuts off power from the battery to...
  11. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Update: I've been hard at work on the controller and amp design, and I'm almost done with it. But I got the package of inductors and they're 10 times bigger than what was advertised... So I'm looking for a replacement that's going to be smaller because I will not put an 8mm inductor in this...
  12. Question any good guides on making custom circuit boards and scripting for the raspberry pi pico?

Get familiar with KiCad, start with schematic builder because it'll be a lot easier than actually figuring out trace widths and stuff like that, and then move to pcb builder, make sure you're double-checking sizes of caps and resistors before you select (I was burned by having a whole board of...
  13. Worklog Ps2 portable

I absolutely love the idea of the LEDs in there, look into making a very tiny cheap clear 3d print diffusion layer around the sides of the joysticks, it would make it look so freaking cool!
  14. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

The first update is made up of the 2 major parts I had to fully design myself, This is the ps2-pms, all components are currently soldered to one side of the board, it's only 2 layers since pcbway will print it for 5 dollars that way, and I was scared of putting components on the other side...
  15. Worklog Open PS2 -placeholder name

Hello everyone, A Long-time viewer here. The bug bit me a few years ago and I spent close to 2k on a 3d printer and components to make a ps2 portable, got it 90% working, then abandoned the project due to life happening. It was a spaghetti of wires on the inside. I only trimmed the USB ports...