Recent content by StonedEdge

1. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

CM5 rev 1 carrier board PCBs are here! Hooray. :D I will let everyone know if any magic smoke appears this weekend.
  2. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

I had a lot of issues with JLCPCBA and their engineers mixing up my land patterns with their stock LCSC library, which delayed ordering the boards by at least a couple of days. Safe to say it was a very frustrating experience, but to give them credit, they did solve the issue for me in the end...
  3. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Think I’ve finally reached a point where I’m happy with the trigger design. It’s no analog trigger but the dual tact saves the day ;) https://youtube.com/shorts/n7Z8iXUzZ-Q?si=msHNf9PvEkrRGqKI
  4. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Small update time! New MJF nylon case arrived from JLCPCB. It feels great and is high quality. The rear was slightly warped but not too bad, definitely usable. It cost about $45 for all the CAD parts, including buttons. Not bad at all. :awesome: The final v1.0 PCB design is completed and...
  5. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

I guess it was just a personal preference for me. For stick input “heavy” games like PS2 or GameCube, I think it makes sense to have the face buttons equal to the height of the main input. But I will release a CAD model with the DPAD up top as well, as this seems to get requested pretty...
  6. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

I made a bit of a botch on the USB 3.0 input, nothing that a bit of jumper wire couldn't fix up. I didn't bother testing the speeds yet since I doubt they will reach the theoretical max of 5 Gbps with the butchered wiring (the RK3588s only supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds & not Gen 2). But I'm glad...
  7. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

https://github.com/StonedEdge/Retro-Lite-CM5/tree/main/enclosure/STL STL files for the enclosure and buttons have now been uploaded here (keep in mind this is a v1.0 & I may still make some tweaks here & there).
  8. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Yes, all will be open sourced eventually and on GitHub so you can see the details when I’ve finished the model. Just need to make a few more tweaks before it’s uploaded.
  9. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

The new Retro Lite CM5 shell design is "mostly done" so I thought I'd share what's changed vs. the CM4 - I think it's a good improvement over the previous design so I'm excited to share it! The trigger design has been improved to support dual tact buttons and is now a 3 piece assembly...
  10. StonedEdge

sdouyoulink Site logs

Please don’t double/triple post as it clogs up the forums. Edit your original post and wait for someone to reply.
  11. StonedEdge

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

Awesome gifts!
  12. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Please excuse the messy desk, but we have a working Type-C DRP extcon now with PD sink/source profiles, a SuperSpeed mux for cable flip & Type-C Alt Mode. You can see I am using an active Type-C to HDMI dongle, but I’d like to try it out with other off the shelf docks eventually. The setup was...
  13. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

Yeah, I’m already quite far into the design phase now and have been redoing the CAD work from scratch. A few people have asked if I can use an OLED or if I can use the switch screen. I think it could be possible, but I don’t think I can get the switch screen working as much as it would be great...
  14. StonedEdge

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

The components are finally all soldered onto my test board so I thought I'd share a photo - they look great! But do they work - that's the next adventure. I'll get into testing the TPS65987D USB-C PD controller over the next few weeks & report back with any road blocks. Right now, the test...
  15. StonedEdge

Guide LMAOv2 and NAND relocation "Guide"

I'd recommend starting your own thread as this is the wrong place to chat, please make a thread in the Wii subforum. Locking this as it is a guide, not a place to ask questions. Thanks.