Recent content by Someone56789

1. Someone56789

Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Do you think there might be a problem with my USB-C or PMS board? Also I have a question about the LDO, why is it something that needs to be removed in order to use the RVL-PMS if it already supplies 1.8v to the board? When I was removing it from the board I didn’t use a hot air station, so I...
  2. Someone56789

Ok here’s a close up of the PMS and USB-C board.
  3. Someone56789

So when I disconnected my Wii from the power management system the resistance between 3.3v and ground is 3.3k ohms. Do you think that there is still a short on the board? This was with no sanding or anything by the way.
  4. Someone56789

I added another ground cable but the led and Wii still won't power on. I tested the resistance and it was 170 ohms which is 0.17k ohms, so I have a short on the board?
  5. Someone56789

I'm using 22 gauge wire, should I be using thicker wire than that?
  6. Someone56789

Is it ok if the resistance is greater than 8 because my multimeter is reading really high numbers like 170. The thing that's odd is that the led turns on when 1v8 is not connected but when I connect 1v8 the led doesn't turn on, do you have any idea on why that might be happening?
  7. Someone56789

Should I test the resistance between all the voltage lines?
  8. Someone56789

200 ohms
  9. Someone56789

I checked the resistance between the voltage lines and ground, 1v 101 ohms, 1v15 36 ohms 1v8 29 ohms, 3v3 170 ohms.
  10. Someone56789

I tried cleaning my board with IPA but it still doesn't boot up. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips that I haven't tried?
  11. Someone56789

I get 3.3v on the u10 so I think the u10 is connected correctly. The power management board is outputting the correct voltages so maybe there is a problem with my Wii?
  12. Someone56789

I did the u10 relocation before I trimmed the Wii and it booted up fine so I don't think the u10 relocation would be the problem
  13. Someone56789

I did this so it would activate reset and boot into priiloader
  14. Someone56789

I have connected the usb-c PCB, RVL power management system, Wii to each other and connected video to a screen, but the Wii does not boot up and the RGB led doesn’t turn on when I press the power button. Whenever I remove the 1.8v line from the Wii though it seems to power on because the RGB led...
  15. Someone56789

Question Can I still use this board

I was trying to remove the LDO from my 6 layer board with a Dremel and accidentally skimmed the board with it. Can I still use this board? Thanks