Recent content by printsmith3d

1. printsmith3d

Worklog First N64 Portable

Got my switch joystick working properly. Modified the code a bit to include a deadzone and the range on it seems decent. It's not as great as the OG control stick in the diagonals, but messing around in SM64, its playable and pretty good for what it is! One of my trimmed boards has decided to...
  2. printsmith3d

Been a while since I've updated. Audio amp, USBC charging and PD are working perfectly. Controller board works like a charm as well. Unfortunately I'm having more N64 board issues. I performed the board bend and it seemed to be working okay, but a few traces weren't connecting anymore and...
  3. printsmith3d

Worklog The Wii SPii

Looks amazing! Glad you were able to finish it in time!
  4. printsmith3d

So not much has been happening as late besides case work. I initially wanted to just wet sand my case, but in the end the seams between glues pieces turned out kind of ugly. In addition to the colour of the PLA I got not being exactly what I wanted (I wanted something like the OG N64 controller...
  5. printsmith3d

Worklog The Last64

Looks really nice! Assuming you wet sanded the case? It looks nice and smooth. And it's even overheating with the fan?!
  6. printsmith3d

Worklog DIY Concept UFO

super creative, glad it worked out for you. I think my case design is finalized to the point of no return, but maybe in the next portable Ill try this spring idea, its awesome!
  7. printsmith3d

Worklog DIY Concept UFO

that trigger design is awesome. Great use of a 3d printed spring mechanism, you're making me rethink my whole trigger design :rothink:
  8. printsmith3d

Designed them myself and ordered them. I drew tons of inspiration and knowledge from others on these forums. This is my first foray into PCB making and so far it's been really fun. Ordered them on oshpark because it ends up being cheaper to send to Canada. Most ppl get from jlcpcb, there's other...
  9. printsmith3d

Thanks, I'm really hoping the wet sanding will give the case a nice texture, the colour filament I found is really close to the OG grey controller coller, would be awesome to see it looking kinda OEM
  10. printsmith3d

In the past month or so I've been printing lots of parts to test fit for my PCBs and buttons, I even printed out a full case prototype which allowed me to pinpoint a few issues that needed correcting. For the past few years I've been using heat set threaded inserts instead of captive nuts or...
  11. printsmith3d

Ended up ordering some minihdmis on a breakout board. Might not get here soon enough but we'll see.
  12. printsmith3d

Just realized I haven't added any ventilation in the case yet. I think I have room for a fan, but I really want it to be silent as possible and I know the n64 can be passively cooled. I'll be putting on copper heatsinks to every chip and ram. Maybe I'll poke around for a decent small blower fan...
  13. printsmith3d

Thanks, I'm gonna try and post a video of the button mechanisms at some point! Now comes the hard part, getting all the electronics to play nice together....
  14. printsmith3d

Been a hot minute since I've updated my worklog. Been waiting on some parts to arrive, most notably my LCD screen which is definitely stuck somewhere in China, so I found a seller on Ebay that shipped from the states, should get here sometime next week so I can finally plug it in. I'm also...
  15. printsmith3d

Looking for 5" 640x480 display

So my I think I'm screwed and won't get my LCD screen I ordered back in February from Aliexpress. It's been stagnant since then, I doubt it's left China. Looking for a screen much like the one in the Bitbuilt store: ZJ050NA-08C. The store is currently out of them, but even at that since I'm in...