Recent content by MP3

1. MP3

8 Mystery Screws from my SCPH-5501

I've worked on a lot of these, and those don't look like any screws out of that model. I'd be willing to bet they just ended up in your screw pile from something else.
  2. MP3

Discussion Ok hear me out

GC2Wiimote already accomplishes this. It hasn't been an issue for a long time.
  3. MP3

Ashida Wii Portable

A RAR file is an archive format. You'll need to extract it using a program like 7-zip or WinRAR, and then you'll end up with a folder with all the case files in it.
  4. MP3

Guide Setting up Wii and GameCube games

The folder name can be whatever you want, the actual ISO file has to be named "game".
  5. MP3

Question Help

Just use RVLoader.
  6. MP3

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] 3-Wii

I’ve built 2 Wii portables so far, however neither of them were of my own design. I hope to change that with this project. My overall goal for the 3-Wii is to build a highly compact, fully featured, and practical Wii portable. I have some more specific objectives that that, so here they are...
  7. MP3

Question What’s a Mid tier 5 inch screen I could buy?

Nold's design is based around a 6 layer trim, a 4 layer won't fit due to the trim being larger to one side.
  8. MP3

Solved SNES support RVloader

It's a currently unimplemented menu option. It does nothing as of the current version, it's just there to fill the space in the radial menu.
  9. MP3

Question How easily would I be able to sell a wii portable?

Just gonna throw this out there. You really shouldn't sell your first portable, it's a bad idea for a multitude of reasons. There's a lot of weird stuff and tricks to figure out with assembly, your first attempt is really a learning experience and might have some issues that pop up down the...
  10. MP3

Solved Is my wii fried, and if not how do I fix this

Wiis are pretty resilient, so it's probably fine. As for the video out problem, that's likely an issue with your U10 relocation.
  11. MP3

Composite is working but VGA is not

Yes. Replace them with untwisted magnet wire.
  12. MP3

Composite is working but VGA is not

You should not have your sync lines twisted.
  13. MP3

Question How do buttons work?

The G-Boy controller PCB is a custom adaptation of the GC+ 2.0, which is an open source GameCube controller emulator made by Aurelio. You can check out the code here: https://github.com/Aurelio92/GCPlus-2.0. You can also buy an assembled, general purpose version of the board from 4Layer Tech.
  14. MP3

Looking for a RVL-PMS-Lite

If you can give it a bit, Gunnar is working on a redesign that should be available relatively soon.
  15. MP3

Before cutting up Wii motherbord for G-boy rev-3

Yeah that's completely normal. In fact, getting that screen is a good way to test that your trim is working before you wire USB.