Recent content by Luca

1. Luca

Guide The Definitive Wii U Trimming Guide

After two years I feel the urge to start portablizing again.. Awesome work man.
  2. Luca

Question First Wii portable not working. Questions on wiring.

I see some more things that will make it not boot: Remove all the components that you cut through, so those ICs and passive components that are still sitting there still half on the board will need to go It doesn't look like you've sanded the board, or at least not very well, which can short...
  3. Luca

Question Help DS lite project

You should probably sand the parts where you sliced through the board, it doesn't look like you did. When you relocate something, you need to reconnect all the traces you cut through. Find which traces you cut here and re-attach them...
  4. Luca

:rothink:

:rothink:
  5. Luca

Discussion My New Design

Not if you're a student. Or hobbyist I believe
  6. Luca

Discussion My New Design

While I hate suggesting programs that substitute their price by building in Google telemetry, (like really, fuck off with that shit) Fusion 360 or a similar more advanced program would be better to learn CAD in, since it makes creating detailed parts that are required in a portable way easier...
  7. Luca

2021 Contest Entry: TropicPug's WiiFicial

Someone with a similar mission to you built a portable, long, long ago... Have a look: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/wii-sp-2-0.1416/
  8. Luca

Question DS lite motherboard not turning on

I believe it also does that when the battery fuse is blown.
  9. Luca

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Looks like you're lucky, you've only shaved off some of the first layer of the PCB. Area 1 looks fine, the right trace might need some solder to bridge the gap, but I don't know if you need to since it looks intact. Area 2&3, you'll need to use some magnet wire to repair those traces like I...
  10. Luca

RVLoader v2.0

Just making an error report here that none of the Tales of Monkey Island Wiiware games work. They install, but produce a black screen when ran. Situation: non-trimmed Wii in shell Wifi, bt, MX present gc2wiimote enabled/disabled makes no difference VGA patches are enabled but via composite...
  11. Luca

Update for G-Boy delivery?

Doubt it. The BB store's pretty much dead. Someone may sell their unfinished/finished kit to you but otherwise Gman's said he's going to release the files soon. So you can make your own if you want! You'd have to gather/print some parts yourself, so it's a little less noob-friendly. But I think...
  12. Luca

Glass Gboy for sale [sold]

Shiitt, even as an NFT this would be worth $1000
  13. Luca

L-Wii

Nope. Doesn't work either. I don't know, guess I have to move away from the brief instructions Jackson provided and come up with my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  14. Luca

L-Wii

Stupid shit So I got started on this again finally. A different approach to getting Jackson's code to compile this time: I remember Jackson gave me the exact version of esp-idf he was running, so I figured out how to download it (v4.0-dev-667-gda13efc17) and how to install the exact toolchain...