Recent content by LeafAxe

1. Question Is my wii overheating?

Welp, that's a problem because there is no thermal paste between the fan/heatsink and plate. I'll go apply that. I'll update with pictures in a bit.
  2. Question Is my wii overheating?

Yeah, I'm planning on redoing everything anyway (God I need stranded wire). If I turn it off and on again, it starts to work again, but for a small varying amount of time. So you think it may just be the crappy wiring/shorting that's causing the problem, and it's less likely to be the overheating?
  3. Question Is my wii overheating?

I'm still testing out my wii. I relocated bluetooth (and it works) and i put cooling on top of it (cooling kit from the bitbuilt store). I didn't secure the cooling at all, although i did use thermal paste that i used with my pc, then applied the metal sheet (I did take the plastic film off...
  4. Worklog Gwii rev2 16:9

What screen did you use exactly?
  5. Question Wii doesn't boot

I checked, and yes, the pms does output correct voltages. However, I don't actually have a push button for the power button; i just thought if "btn" is grounded, then it means on. Found out that it depends on what state the "btn" connection is when the battery is hooked up. This means my Wii was...
  6. Question Wii doesn't boot

This 4 layer board that I have connected to with a PMS and a single 18650 cell isn't booting at all. All voltages on the Wii read 0 volts. What have I done wrong?
  7. Question Trim Question

Nope. It doesn't boot, unfortunately. Not sure what the problem is.
  8. Question 6 layer Wii does not boot up

I've already performed another U10 relocation as well.
  9. Question 6 layer Wii does not boot up

Update: still does not boot.
  10. Question 6 layer Wii does not boot up

Oh. I thought that SHARP thing was a voltage regulator itself that can be connected to that other 1.8v component on the right, but not needed if 1.8v was to be supplied by an external regulator. My bad. Thanks, I will try that.
  11. Question 6 layer Wii does not boot up

For this project, I tried doing a 6 layer wii. However, when I wired up the rvl pms to the wii, and connected a single 18650 cell, the Wii doesn't boot up. There seems to be no voltage going through it from what the multimeter tells me, and the tv remains blank when I wired up composite. The PMS...
  12. Question Trim Question

I did an OM6 trim, and at the bottom of the back, there's an IC that's cut in half. I do plan to remove the rest of that, however there are components around it that are fully intact. I'm 90% positive that they are not needed, judging by the visible connections and the 4 layer trim that discards...
  13. Solved Over trimmed 6 layer board

I'm also doing a 6-layer. I have a question about that 4th photo. It seems that an IC at the bottom was cut in half, and there are still components around it which seem useless here (and definitely useless in the 4 layer trim). Should that IC and the components around it be removed?
  14. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi. Actually joined in December. I just need to post something now. Doing a 6-layer board right now as I am stubborn.