Recent content by GameCubeGamesAreFun

1. Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

Hey everyone. I just took off the 3 inductors/capacitors necessary off the motherboard, and did my outline. Quick question before I start the trim, on Spawn Wave's Wii Portable video (2nd part) the top comment explains a mask should be worn at the risk of inhaling the dust created from cutting...
  2. Question Wires

Thanks! I think I'm set!
  3. Question Wires

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/adafruit-industries-llc/2005/6827152?utm_adgroup=Single%20Conductor%20Cables%20%28Hook-Up%20Wire%29&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_Product_Cables%2C%20Wires_NEW&utm_term=&productid=6827152&gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UX3JKmxYEb2V...
  4. Question Wires

what about this?
  5. Question Wires

Or more plainly a wire with a high level of flexibility?
  6. Question Wires

Awesome, what is wrapping wire though? Is it just solid core wire, used for wrapping around pcbs and stuff like that?
  7. Question Wires

Canada
  8. Question Wires

Interesting, do you have a link for where I could buy a spool? My local electronics store didn't have it, and I didn't see it on Amazon either. Maybe its just because it doesn't specifically say "multi-stranded wire", should probably reiterate this, I'm a noob
  9. Question Wires

I also noticed the G-Boy Guide mentions "multi-stranded wire" for 22 awg, so is that what I need for that?
  10. Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

Alright thanks, its just that everytime I have to spend more money my soul dies a little, you know?
  11. Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

So new update, I just read the G-Boy guide on trimming the Wii (haven't done it yet). it says to sand with 180, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 grit sandpaper? I wasn't aware of this, I thought I could just get away with using 1000. Can I? If I need all these other ones lmk. Also I would like...
  12. Question Wires

Thanks! What do I need to know about colours when it comes to wires? Sorry this is kind of a noob question I assume
  13. Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

Hello everyone, I just finished fully disassembling my Wii. Is it worth selling the other parts? Likely going to start trim tomorrow!
  14. Question Wires

Hi, I'm almost done sourcing all the tools I need for my build (just got a dremel kit). What kind of wires do I need as part of the build. If it helps, I'm copying the Louii, so maybe that would help it be more specific. If there's a thread or other forum where this has been answered that...
  15. Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

Hey guys, once again another update. So last week I got BBLoader set up along with a bunch of isos (the idea of playing melee on the go already has me super excited); plus I got covers for the games and I got mGBA for playing GBA games. I just bought 1000 grit sandpaper, and as soon as I get a...