BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is new to me. I'm pretty familiar with homebrew on wii. I dont use portable wii, but i'm interested in this new loader cause of the implemented gc2wiimote. If anyone could help me please understanding some things...

I'm familiar with U/Sneek. And i use. If I install bbLoader, it will install its things in an emunand (named hiidra) or it will install uppon nand? Its safe to me launch bbloader installer trough hbc on nand, or should I load from my neek emuNand?

Did I get this wrong?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Well, this is new to me. I'm pretty familiar with homebrew on wii. I dont use portable wii, but i'm interested in this new loader cause of the implemented gc2wiimote. If anyone could help me please understanding some things...

I'm familiar with U/Sneek. And i use. If I install bbLoader, it will install its things in an emunand (named hiidra) or it will install uppon nand? Its safe to me launch bbloader installer trough hbc on nand, or should I load from my neek emuNand?

Did I get this wrong?
BBLoader doesn't work under emunand, no.

thanks for your hard work!

in the settings of USBLoaderGX,there is a"dol video patch",if you choose "on" or "all",you'll be able to turn off the ingame deflicker fliter.then instead of wiigame's original very much dull images,you'll see very crystal clear ones

my wii is not at my hand so i can't test,but does the BBLoader have this kind of function?
also, i played rune factory:frontier for about 300 hours in original wii menu,can i use the same save data in BBLoader?

sorry for my poor english

and wish you great days

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
thanks for your hard work!

in the settings of USBLoaderGX,there is a"dol video patch",if you choose "on" or "all",you'll be able to turn off the ingame deflicker fliter.then instead of wiigame's original very much dull images,you'll see very crystal clear ones

my wii is not at my hand so i can't test,but does the BBLoader have this kind of function?
also, i played rune factory:frontier for about 300 hours in original wii menu,can i use the same save data in BBLoader?

sorry for my poor english

and wish you great days
That patch is forced only when using VGA and there's no way currently to enable it for YPbPr component.
If your save is on the wii system memory then it should work in BBLoader as well

Does/will this support the use of Gamecube memory cards? Or is Nintendont still used with BBloader

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Does/will this support the use of Gamecube memory cards? Or is Nintendont still used with BBloader
It uses Nintendont, but right now there's no option to use memory cards yet

That patch is forced only when using VGA and there's no way currently to enable it for YPbPr component.
If your save is on the wii system memory then it should work in BBLoader as well
Thanks but i can't read your first answer well。i used component cable,play by USBLoaderGX and turned on "dol video patch",then the ingame deflicker was off。
i wonder if BBLoader has such kind of function when using rgbhv output

Anyway i'll try it myself when possible.

thank you as always

Tron

I just installed BBLoader. After the installation completed, it booted into a screen showing all my GC games. When I tried to launch one, it went to a black screen. So I power cycled the Wii. The BBLoader showed BBLoader 1.1 loading briefly and then went into the screen below. Please help.

IMG_1470.jpg

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I just installed BBLoader. After the installation completed, it booted into a screen showing all my GC games. When I tried to launch one, it went to a black screen. So I power cycled the Wii. The BBLoader showed BBLoader 1.1 loading briefly and then went into the screen below. Please help.

View attachment 13460
That seems like an issue with your USB drive. What USB drive are you using?

Tron

Samsung FIT 3.0. It was working fine with PM before I installed BBLoader.

Tron

It was formatted with guiformat to FAT32 and worked well under PM. Are you saying that I need to reformat it and put the pm/bbl/games back on it?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It was formatted with guiformat to FAT32 and worked well under PM. Are you saying that I need to reformat it and put the pm/bbl/games back on it?
Worth a shot. That drive is kinda weird and many Wii homebrews have issues with it

Hello everybody,
Today I have a few days of vacation and a gamecube controller has arrived, to be able to use the wii and gamecube games in bbloader, my surprise, is that today the boot appears bootloader 00, and the gamecube game does not load me before. it worked. I have tried changing the usb for another that also worked by testing, but it does not work either. It won't let me start with priloader to reinstall bbloader, and I don't know what to do. Can someone tell me what's wrong and what I have to do. Thanks in advance

Tron

This morning, I switched the USB thumb drive from one USB port to the other and powered on the Wii, and BBLoader seems to work now. And when switch the thumb drive to the other port, BBLoader boots up to. But occasionally rebooting BBLoader will get me that weird stripy screen. A couple of follow up questions. One, I thought the Samsung FIT 3 is the recommended USB drive. Two, how do I control Wii games in BBLoader with the game cube controller? Thanks.

Tron

I figured out my second question. I had to press B on each Wii game to configure GC2Wiimote.

Tron

How do I reinstall BBLoader? In my initial installation, I did not enable VGA. Now I’d like to enable VGA before trimming. Thanks.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello everybody,
Today I have a few days of vacation and a gamecube controller has arrived, to be able to use the wii and gamecube games in bbloader, my surprise, is that today the boot appears bootloader 00, and the gamecube game does not load me before. it worked. I have tried changing the usb for another that also worked by testing, but it does not work either. It won't let me start with priloader to reinstall bbloader, and I don't know what to do. Can someone tell me what's wrong and what I have to do. Thanks in advance
From the description of your issues it seems like your USB drive got corrupted when you tried booting a Wii game. Try formatting it and copy stuff on it again
How do I reinstall BBLoader? In my initial installation, I did not enable VGA. Now I’d like to enable VGA before trimming. Thanks.
Hold L+R+Z and power the Wii on. After the bootloader test it should show a "safe menu" where you can select the option to run the installer again

Tron

Thanks! I reinstalled BBLoader with VGA enabled. I’m going start trimming this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.