Discussion G-Boy Rev III - DIY Portable Kit

While I wait for my kit to arrive, I wanted to get the Wii trimming completed. The software preparation section of the trimming guide says that a new version of PortablizeMii is coming and the guide will be updated then. I can't find any information about this new version, or even if it's already been released and the guide hasn't been updated yet. Should be waiting for the new PortablizeMii to release before trimming or is it okay to proceed with the current software?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
While I wait for my kit to arrive, I wanted to get the Wii trimming completed. The software preparation section of the trimming guide says that a new version of PortablizeMii is coming and the guide will be updated then. I can't find any information about this new version, or even if it's already been released and the guide hasn't been updated yet. Should be waiting for the new PortablizeMii to release before trimming or is it okay to proceed with the current software?
We are going to release it later today, so I guess you should wait :)

I REALLY want to make a G-Boy. Is it a good first soldering project?
Not to Discourage you, but I would get some practice on some old electronics you have laying around to get a feel for everything before you attempt working on this kit. You can easily damage components or the pcb's themselves easily if your inexperienced. That said, if you put the time in and get some practice anything is possible! Good luck :)

I ordered my kit on May 5, and I'm moving out of the state at the end of July. Is there anyone I can talk to about potentially changing my shipping address if it's going to arrive in August?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I ordered my kit on May 5, and I'm moving out of the state at the end of July. Is there anyone I can talk to about potentially changing my shipping address if it's going to arrive in August?
Send a DM to either @Noah or @Gman and they should be able to get you sorted out.

Ceirt

so... is there any update on the g-boy shipping information? (last update was on June 26). is not that i'm angry or something, im just anxious xD

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
so... is there any update on the g-boy shipping information? (last update was on June 26). is not that i'm angry or something, im just anxious xD
Not yet! You'll know when we know and we are working on it.

Yeah you can, I've used my iPad Pro charger on my G-Boys for a while. Works great!
Just finished building my G-Boy!! (Skipped the audio and VGA part for now) It's working!!! All I have to do now is charge it and play... I'm charging with my Nexus 5X charger at the moment. Seems a bit slow... Saw somebody mentioning they use a Macbook 12" charger. I have a MacBook Pro 2019 16" with a 96W power adapter. Can I use that one? Didn't dare to try and blow up all of the hard work of the past couple of days.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
it might be a better idea to post in the g boy questions section
Just finished building my G-Boy!! (Skipped the audio and VGA part for now) It's working!!! All I have to do now is charge it and play... I'm charging with my Nexus 5X charger at the moment. Seems a bit slow... Saw somebody mentioning they use a Macbook 12" charger. I have a MacBook Pro 2019 16" with a 96W power adapter. Can I use that one? Didn't dare to try and blow up all of the hard work of the past couple of days.

I got my g-boy in the mail not too long ago and I was just wondering, how does it handle motion control sequences? Can you use the thumb sticks or does it depend from game to game?

Geners

I pre-ordered, anyone know when more will be in stock. Trying to get this kit for my wife for our anniversary on the thirteenth of October.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I pre-ordered, anyone know when more will be in stock. Trying to get this kit for my wife for our anniversary on the thirteenth of October.
What's your order number? There are a few PCB sets that can ship a handful of early September orders and then it will be October/November until the next batch start shipping.

Geners

What's your order number? There are a few PCB sets that can ship a handful of early September orders and then it will be October/November until the next batch start shipping.
It would be awesome if I could get one early!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It would be awesome if I could get one early!
oh you really did just order yesterday! I think yours will probably be apart of the next shipment of pcbs.

Geners

oh you really did just order yesterday! I think yours will probably be apart of the next shipment of pcbs.
Do you know if that's going to be before the 13th of next month or no?