Worklog Psp go battery/memory mod

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
whats going on here, exactly? Did you hardwire up a magicgate/sd card adapter so you could use (cheaper, more readily available) sd cards instead?

Cinski

Sorry I was wrong, I made a change to the battery. I hadn't read correctly

Portables
whats going on here, exactly? Did you hardwire up a magicgate/sd card adapter so you could use (cheaper, more readily available) sd cards instead?
Yes to be able to use any micro sd any size, psp go memory cards are small in memory.

Could you further explain how you wired the new battery? Did you de-solder the new battery's board and wire the cell to the OEM battery board?
I plan on doing pretty much the same battery mod myself but would like some insight before getting into it. Thanks in advance!

E64

Portables
did you have to cut a piece of the back cover to get the battery to fit?
and what pin goes to what on the sd card reader?

Portables
Could you further explain how you wired the new battery? Did you de-solder the new battery's board and wire the cell to the OEM battery board?
I plan on doing pretty much the same battery mod myself but would like some insight before getting into it. Thanks in advance!
Yes your correct I also removed some plastic on the Psp go in order for battery to fit.

did you have to cut a piece of the back cover to get the battery to fit?
and what pin goes to what on the sd card reader?
I removed the top standoffs in order for the battery I used to fit. http://www.dbwbp.com/index.php/10-electronic-projects/7-psp-go-micro-sd-modification